1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Injector failure

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nareshreddyp, Sep 24, 2013.

1. You can use a ABRO injector cleaner but at your own risk , I have used it and got good results.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

So what if you have crossed 83k kms? Does extended warranty mention that injectors won't be covered if ODO crosses X kms?

Did you bother asking them the reason?
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Naresh,

Pls write mail to Manish and Enrico and share your plight with them,am sure both are the best refuge in Fiat top brass.65K crossed and car is 3.2 yrs now.
    1 person likes this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Injectors EW are only till 80k.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nareshreddyp

nareshreddyp Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Varoon,

Can you please share the email ids of manish and Enrico. Thanks in advance.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Injectors last long, but the problem in india is the fuel quality. They cause all sorts of problems. The lack of lubrication due to ultra low sulphur diesel is addon to major causes of injector failures.

Vista and Linea injectors are different. 75hp and 90hp have different injectors.

If they are not giving in warranty you can buy a refurbished ones from bosch centres outside or get yours repaired. They have repair kit in which they change everything.

Check youtube videos too. " Bosch Injector repair"
    1 person likes this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Am thinking of getting the injectors serviced to improve their life.Any advise guys.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Dont try to fix, that aint broken.
    Use good quality fuel. Thats it.
    2 people like this.
  9. nareshreddyp

nareshreddyp Timido

Bangalore
    Yeah. I have checked in the extended warranty documentation. Injector warranty is valid only upto 80k.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Everyone,

Finally my linea is back last week and all the issues got resolved. They didn't changed the injectors though. The problem was with exhaust values of the 4th cylinder. so they had done engine head overhaul.

Got 50% goodwill discount on the total bill. Paid around 8500/- from my pocket. Now car is running smooth without any issues.

Thanks to Varoon. Escalations helped ;) :D