1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Injection System Failuer - Multijet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by spvaidya, Jan 5, 2011.

1. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi Folks....This is my first post in year 2011, wish you all a very happy new year.

my multijet's Injection system Failure Warning light remains 'On' even after ignition is turned on. This is 1st time I have noticed this. I called up RSA to check if it is a big problem and I can continue to drive it for 100 kms and RSA confirmed since the CAR temperature indicator is within permissible limits I can do so. Right now the vehicle at dealer and check is going on along with 1st (3mnths) service. Meanwhile wanted to check, Has anyone faced similar problem ?What was the outcome ?

Note:-
    I filled up diesel on 3rd Jan (Full Tank) at my regular fuel station and this problem started on 4th Jan. RSA told me it could be because of fuel alteration also or may be false alarm..

:anyone
    Regards
    Shashank
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There are many causes of warning of Engine Malfunction Light. If performance of your car is not hampered so much then It may be due to any Sensor problem. One or more sensor may be giving wrong signal.

If it is serious fault then drivability of car will be sevely affect.

Go at TATA ASS. & scan the ECU. & update the thread
  3. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi Bhai, performance was not hampered and hence I continued to drive it for more than 50km. Now the vehicle is with the TATA ASS, awaiting the root cause. BTW, ASS person did mention about malfunctioning of light due to faulty wiring issue ( like the mouse problem),

Will update the post soon.
    Rgds
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Looks like a case of fuel adulteration. Possible that bad fuel can cause a sensor malfunction.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I don't think that this is due to adultearation. In India 99.99 % bunks does adulteration.
    As per Internet info, One NGO did survey of operating expenditure & net income of pump.
    They found that if pump is running with loyalty,then only Rs.3500-4000 per month Income is there. :uh
    & if pump owner participate in adulteration racket,then he gain Rs.50000/- profit per day :shocked

In India nobody is Raja Harishndra. :A

So if this problem would have due to bad fuel,then hundreds of Punto & Linea would have alarmed engine light.
  6. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    So, how about the factory owned fuel stations ? Do they alter the fuel ? :anyone
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Some COCO pumps are also supplying adulterated fuel. Sales officers are doing the malpractices.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Company owned or PSU filling stations, it does not matter. May be company owned are slightly better.

Recently i filled up from Nelamangala - Shell petrol pump, i experienced that is one worst station i ever tried. I even saw the workers filling one bucket full of petrol , i did not ask the reason for the same, it was early in the morning.

One has to observe the engine noise and fuel efficiency and stick to the fuel station

Thanks
    Vasu
  9. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Injection System Failure Alarm of my punto is working properly now, TASS told me it was some wiring issue, could be because of mouse bite. Due to this the fuse was blown and they changed it. BTW, I have not seen this myself.

Regards
    Shashank
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    For Multijet & Quadrajet, Bosch is the vendor of Injection System of Multijet.

For DICOR , Delphi-TVS is the supplier of Injection system.

BOSCH components are robust as compared to Delphi-TVS.

I have seen premature failure of High Pressure fuel pump & Injectors of DICOR (Delphi-TVS)
    But not seen premature failure of BOSCH components.

Saw a Safari & Vista TDi with premaure failure of CRi pump only within 50000 KM due to bad fuel. :shocked

But I also saw a Vista Qudrajet clocked 180000 KM without any injection system failure. :clap