1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Initial Ownership & TATA-FIAT @ 1000 Km Emotion +

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by fiatfan, May 6, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Lancer is very low to the italian Giant.
    Nice photography taken dude.

2. Thanks Tony !

Both have their own + Points. Of course the Linea is a little Bigger, a little Taller, apart from being my BRAND NEW car. Has a lot of things which were just not there in the past on any cars from the lancer era. The interior space is also better in comparison.

On the other hand, the Lancer has a Lower Stance, it actually is Broader in left-right wheelbase width. After driving it for 7 years and enjoying some great trips to Goa, Chennai, Kolkata and almost everywhere in an around mumbai, it never gave up on me. Gives me a sense of Respect for my "3 Diamonds" Japanese revver.

A lot of good cars came by but I did not sell it, I rather maintained it. It will now probably serve another purpose. about 2 years back I had it painted in two tone pearl white with a blue finish, got a magnaflow dual tip exhaust, automech headers, removed catcon, replaced clutch plates with exedy stage II, 205-50/R-15 potenzas, all lights 6000K Philips HID's etc.....cant sell it, Its still my first Love!

But when it comes to the Linea, its more modern, more efficient and will not burn a hole in my pocket everyday. I am right now getting FE of about 17.4 on Linea. This is a travel from Thane Ghodbunder to Andheri Marol and back, 100 % AC with some good long stretches and some hellish traffic.

Not deviating from my FIAT, here are some pics of the lancer's color....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pic2_lan.jpg

pic_lan3.jpg

posting pic1.jpg
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

Hey i spotted this car loads of time near cadbury, majiwada naka , near cinewonder . . . . . nice to see you here

4. Hi Aniket, yes, I usually travel from that very same route in the evening sometimes. Great to know you ! We should catch up sometime if you are staying near and around. PM me and we'll meet up ! :)
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Fiat Fan I too travel a lot from that location. Would be nice to catch up. Can you PM me your number so that we can meet some time. Aniket if you are interested we can make it a small katta meet too. :)
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yes why not
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

temporarily m living near hyper city mall where do you live , hiranandani i guess ?
  8. Satej

Satej

Mumbai
    Hello vahanpujari , I am desperately looking out to buy fiat original keychain pls help
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @fiatfan,@fiatFan, bro congrats for your BNW!! sorry to see about what happened to your dashboard! im from mulund east.Lets meet up one day. our 1 more member aaron (pioneeraaron),aniket will also join us. If you need any help at galaxy do ask me or aaron ,galaxy people are aware of us. Just buzz us any time if need any help!
    HAPPY & SAFE MOTORING!!::T
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  10. Hi All,

This is an update of my BNW Fiat Linea Emotion + MJD. I know 1000 kilometers is a short time for me to write a long review about the car, So here's my Initial Review, Dealer Experience ,Tata-Fiat & their endeavors.

On 5th of May 2011 I took delivery of the Car and was a new proud owner of this Italian Stallion. I had the issue of dashboard paint coming off to which I had posted a thread which can be found

-here-

and got a lot of great responses and valuable feedback. I had reported about the issue to tata-fiat & Galaxy on the 8th.

Well it seems Tata-Fiat finally came through!
    Yesterday 25th May, I got a call from them asking me to bring in the car today i.e, 26th May.

Pickup was offered but wanted to take it there myself ;) . I left the car there in the morning at 9:30 am and went there in the evening to have a look at the proceedings. I saw the car in the night at about 8:00 pm. Looked like a new dashboard to me! :danceTook a 1/2 hr long Test Drive and dashboard seemed to be excellently put together, no squeaks !

Even subjected the car to some slight bumps & the like. No Noises! Wanted to take delivery but they said some paperwork was still remaining. So will be going back there in the morning to take another closer look at the work, take some snaps.

Maybe take another TD and if everything works out, will take the delivery. Sleeping tonight with fingers crossed.....
    Last edited: May 27, 2011