1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Initial Ownership & TATA-FIAT @ 1000 Km Emotion +

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by fiatfan, May 6, 2011.

1. My May 2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack.....the Saga Continues.

Hello Everyone,

I got the delivery of my Fiat Linea MJD E Pk yesterday. Apart from my new Italian Bella Donna, I also own a Lancer SFXI. The Lancer although timeless in its own right, is getting a bit old for me and the petrol prices have just become too high for my daily commute of about 80 Kms from Thane to Andheri.

So I sat down and made a calculation of yearly fuel costs for my daily running and figured out that I'd be saving a LOT of money if I went for a diesel car. I started looking for Diesel options. I test drove Ford Fiesta Duratorq, MS SX4 ZDi, and the vw Vento Highline Diesel. Due to various reasons I chose the Linea.

The Stories I've heard from die hard Fiat fans, The Looks, The Features, The Mileage, and the reviews on the internet has brought me to Fiat. And the Linea has certainly made me a happy camper. Finally I must say, I Love Cars, and I have fallen in Love with my Linea. She is a Beautiful Work of Art and Admiration is Always Guaranteed for her, from the person who drives her to the persons in the car and finally the onlookers and the whole world !

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0241.jpg

Photo0181.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0198.jpg

Photo0179.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  2. However Guys, I have a serious issue that I am facing with my Linea right now, just 1 day after delivery. And in the own words of the Showroon Guy "Galaxy Motors - Mulund", this issue they have never seen before. I am attaching a picture to show what has happened exactly.

Today, I decided to get rid of the plastic stickers on the dashboard in the morning. I was very careful while removing the thin semi-transparent plastic which comes with the new car. I removed the plastic from most of the places on the dash, but when I tried removing the plastic from the area which lies below the passenger side Airbag just above the glove box. The black paint came off, along with the plastic covering.

I am very disheartened. I have already taken the car back to galaxy motors and shown this to them and they have assured me that something regarding this will be done soon. The guy who sold me the car yesterday told me today that he has never seen this issue before. I want to know that how come something like this can happen ? By the way, as you can see from the picture, the dash is actually biege colour plastic but as been painted black.

What should I do about this ?

Please help !!!!

Photo0248.jpg
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Abhishek,

Welcome aboard !

Sad to see that spot on dash. However, TASS should be able to fix it but your concerns are very valid on fear of that black paint peeling off from dash later.

One positive aspect though. The fitment of Glove box seems to be perfect with no panel gaps :)
  4. I am not going to post anymore on this thread. I will be doing that once I get back home tomorrow, hopefully with more info about TATA-Fiat's resolution.

For all the people who have read this thread, the Linea and Punto are great cars to drive and own. Today I went to Worli Sealink and then to Juhu ISKON on the Linea. It was the mother of all traffic jams there, but being a new car and just being driven for 100 kms it still gave me a mileage of 14.5 in traffic. :steering I have no complaints about a single thing in the car except the dash issue. The feel is amazing. The A/C is a Chiller, the cabin is pin drop silent, and the suspension just gobbled up everything I threw at it. Once I get the revs going for the VGT, its a Rocket. Today I drove for about 7 hours, got some good stretches and a lot of traffic, but after coming home I wasn't tired a bit. I Love my Fiat Linea Emotion Pack Diesel in BossaNova White and plan to live with it for a long time. :D
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congrats fiatfan you have bought yourself a fantastic car which only a selected few can. dash board issue is sad though. why fiat always have to spoil the party??
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    If no issues then who wll remember FIAT?? ;) just kidding...

On serious note you ust speak to Mangesh, PM me I will share the number... give him our references and he will surely take this to a conclusion to your satisfaction... my car from Jaipur underwent clutch replacement in Oune during Free Checkup not a single penny spent and thanks to Mangesh & Mr.Patvardhan for taking care of the hard clutch.... After which my drive to Goa and was butter smooth... if You read the other notes in technical section you will find numerous post on clutch and csc issues and mine was due for long... FIAT takes care of thier customers very well and I am proud for the moment and will reamin so in future as well.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Fiat Fan: Congrats for your new car and welcome to TFI. Linea in BNW looks great. From back it gives the same classy feeling as Superb,BMW, Audi.... (also in drive quality).

Sad to know about the dash bord issue. But I am sure Fiat will take care of it.
    I had the impression that dash is a seperate meterial. Is it true for all cars?
  8. I had yesterday sent a mail to Galaxy, TATA-FIAT for good measure as it was already a couple of days and I wanted to know about their resolution.

I spoke to the CRM Manager at Galaxy today in the evening. She informed me that the dashboard will be replaced Completely.

Upon hearing this I asked her about the consequences I feared about, like rattling noise, squeaks etc. She assured me that the work will be done in ONE SINGLE DAY. And that there will be no issues like the ones I have mentioned. Hence after hearing this, I have agreed to Replacement of Dashboard.

The overall result of this situation can only be decided once the work is completed and so I will not jump to conclusion yet.

Well, that was about the issue. In the meantime, on a less serious note I've tinted the Glass.

Its all RTO approved films that I went for, because I travel in this car for about 100 kms everyday and without tint even though the A/C is amazing, but wanted to do a little investment in giving the compressor a break sometimes.
    So went for tinting as it would keep the car at a better temperature and maybe increase mileage as I will be using it for outstation trips too.
    Linea is now the most economical and best way for me to travel.
    I've gone for V-KOOL on the Windshield, and Garware Ice Cool Elite on all other glasses.

The inside ambient temperature has gone down to my notice and once I start driving and turn on the A/C, it cools really well.
    The climate control is an amazing thing to experience as this is my first car with climate control.

A couple of pictures after tinting the glass. And also the other beauty with me, the Lancer next to the Linea.

View attachment 8062 View attachment 8061 View attachment 8063 View attachment 8065

Yes, Lets hope its no Hassle. Finally It DID go with what you too had suggested Gurjinder. ;)

As, its better to change the whole thing once and for all rather than having a patch paint job.
    And even if a paint job could have been done as a easy way to get around the problem,
    would never have been sure about the other areas of the dashboard.

Its better to live tension free.......:)

Photo0244.jpg

Photo0260.jpg

Photo0266.jpg

9. I hope I too become proud of the moment when this is all over......Thanks Cubbie !!!::O

Thanks Karan, FIAT haven't exactly spoiled the party, However now that Fiat knows this is a issue. I am more concerned as to how they are going to resolve it, and moreover how they will take care that others who buy a FIAT don't face this problem with their all beloved prized "posession" !

Ultimately I think I should have little faith in them and wait for them to deliver on what they have said..

I totally agree with you in that and it was the prime reason why I brought the Linea. The ride quality, the stance, and my overall experience with the "driving" part is totally in SYNC with your post. This car is just such a beautifully thought over piece of Artwork! :cool: