1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Infinity Kappa 609CS Component Speakers - Ownership and Review

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi friends,

Finally got my hands on Infinity Kappa 609CS Component Speakers.

Here comes the unpacking photos

IMG_20110425_191315.jpg

IMG_20110425_191514.jpg

IMG_20110425_191518.jpg

Detailed Installation, Configuration and Ownership review coming soon ...
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you installed these Viny?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ravi: Nopes, I was suppose to do it on 25th, but then didnt got the time, probably will do it during these weekend. :)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Further details

Priced at 17500/- MRP per pair, Infinity Kappa 609cs is placed a level higher than Infinity Reference Series and a level lower than Infinity Kappa Perfect. Kappa's are well known for there highs, sound clarity and rock solid punch's. Kappa series has one of the largest size tweeters in the industry for given speaker series of 6.5" and this brings in the much needed clarity in the highs. Unlike many other comps, kappa is notoriously painful to ears if not configured properly, but then this is its strength too, giving awesome clarity and sharpness. Often infinity speakers are said to be bright, and kappa would land up in brightest speakers but then as said, a musician knows how to play an instrument and similarly a good amp and proper setting brings out best in Infinity Kappa's.

Kappa has 2 ohms impedance and 60.9cs gives 90W RMS which could peak out upto 270RMS per speaker, thats around 540W RMS, which in simple words would mean "Chappar Phad" - english version "Metal blaster", to use upto full potential of this speakers, one would need powerfull amps and proper dampening of doors.

As many of you know I have got Blaupunkt THA 555 PNP, which would be giving 65W RMS per channel @2ohms, thats way lower than what this components can handle, but then I am not the one who is going to play them at high volumes. I opted for them for there sweet highs and clarity to pair up with my dual reverse mounted 12" Sub in boot. Which generates ample oohs and oops in center of chest and awesome lows.

Once the installation are done, i would be in much better position to give further insights for same.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Installation done
    Highlights

1. No Wire Cutting anywhere
    2. Mamotic tweeter, could not fit anywhere, finally landed up on door window pads.
    3. Tweeter is bright on high volumes
    4. Installation took over 2hrs to complete, time was given to minute details

Took few pics, will share later in the day ...
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Can't wait see the installation. And yes, I'm sure ur car would be the case study for many to get inspired ;). I just can't imagine the sound even in lows...wud have to hear it to feel the sound from those tempting set of speakers.

Post the pictures sooooooon!!!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Grandeur: Its still miles away from completion of entire set, i am still awaiting a lots of stuffs, capacitor, rear co-axials, custom dual reverse mount able subs and Dynamat Extereme. All this weigh to much to be brought in one go from US :( so slowy and steadily i am getting my stuffs, hope fully soon the entire setup will be complete

Some pics while installation was one..

Opening up the door panel, be carefull to remove the door lock hook.
    2.jpg

The typical door panel with paper cone default speaker.
    3.jpg

Setting up the wooden ring to provide ample space to the magnet at rear and to ensure that it doesnt blow up the window glasses when they are scrolled down. Always check your installation by scrolling down the glasses.
    4.jpg

This is how you open up the speaker plug and pull out the wire, you can connect new cable to this to connect to your components and push back in the wire in plug. Thus no cutting of default wires.
    1.jpg
  8. Hi Viny,

Even I am planning for the same components for my Linea. Awaiting your ownership review for the 609CS speakers.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Here you see the giant tweeter, i need to change the angle for better sound stage

tweeter.jpg

Went for a long drive, enjoyed "The golden collection - Kishore Kumar" - the voice at volume 2-3 was such a pleasant to ear that I just wanted to keep driving. Initially started with some rock music, and clarity was awesome, i missed rear co-axials very much, need to get them soon to make better sound stage. Earlier in the day, did some amplifier tuning to get better response from components. I think it still needs break in, will have to wait for few more hours of listening to get some smoothness ...
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

The current placement is risky and you may have to be careful during monsoon!