1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indysuspension for ground clearance

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by gvikram7969, Nov 19, 2013.

1. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    Hello everybody, I am starting a new thread for indysuspension.
    Guys, I have installed the buffer in the spring in the suspension. This has increased the ground clearance by nearly 3 - 4 cms. This has not altered any driving pleasure but the problem of low ground clearance is completely solved. I will post the pictures later, but you all can go and check the site, "thinkthinkcar.com". This is a korean product and is used in many cars, especially the Honda City. The all india distributor is in Pune and his name is Abhijeet Rajebhosale.
  2. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    4 cm = 40 mm. Driving a SUV? :eek:
  3. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    How much did you end up spending for this...
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is a urethane cushion that sits in between the coil spring like this:

mNjXd9F8NZFN6mapHGdu9Bg.jpg

I doubt if this will increase the GC. It will only reduce the shock travel and thus might prevent scraping. I remember reading that this costs ~ 7.5 K, for a set of four, in another forum.

Search ebay for TTC cushion.
    Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    It costs 7.5K for a set of 4. You can check it on FB.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have installed the 'made in Israel' cushions for my Manza (The Urathane material is used as foundation for ship engines). They are wonderful for soft suspension cars. They not only improve the GC but also reduce body roll substantially.
    But I doubt, if they are useful for body roll for Fiat India cars, as fiat cars already come with best suspension setup, They might be useful to improve GC of pre 2012 Linea & Punto.
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

This thing 'dont' increase ground clearance. What it does is help reducing the travel of suspension under load conditions, thereby giving an advantage for car to maintain its no-load ground clearance even when loaded to the brim. This stiffs the ride to very very less extent that no one can really feel it ever. A great thing to have BUT the only drawback is that there are reports of it slipping just like, so take its safety aspect with a pinch of salt. I used this thoroughly on my zen at rear which had oversize tires, to counter tires touching the car body. It worked well but it never increased any ground clearance.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    GC does increase but only if car is fully ladden en.
    When unladen it is unchanged.
    And on brochure, automakers mention the GC of unladen car but practically GC becomes important factor when it is fully ladden.
    dadasaheb likes this.