1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indicator knob

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nand_nand, Jul 1, 2013.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am currently facing a problem where the indicator knob is not coming to neutral after taking a turn. It happens only with left indicator and right indicator comes back to normal once the turn is complete. I had checked the wiper knob also and everything seems to be working.

Background of the issue - yesterday I had put steering cover, they did hand stiching by removing the steering. I was bit worried whether I will have any problem later, but my bad luck my indicator knob stopped working. :-(

Could someone guide me whether I can get it repaired in FASS or can I claim warranty as my car is one year old. If I am correct they will ask me the replace the entire switch. :-( Whether service center people can fix this problem without replacing? Whether I will lose warranty as my steering was removed?

Lesson learned - No more after market stuffs for my car. :-(

-Nanda
  2. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    Dear Nanda,
    i had the same issue and when checked by TASS knob for indicator was broken from inside,
    as breakage is not covered in guarantee i had to pay Rs2400/- even after my car being just 10 months old.
    although on questioning the service manager all he helped was that he did sent the knob for claim to fiat,
    result of which is awaited,if fiat accepts the claim they will refund me the amount.
    so just keeping my fingers crossed.
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ho Saurabh,

Thanks for the reply. Did you have the same problem where one side indicator knob does not work? For me only left hand side is creating problem. Do you mean to say I have to pay 2400rs for this? :-(
  4. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Problem fixed.. Got it done in KHT today.. I guess there was some lose contact in the outer cover of the steering and they fixed it..
  5. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    This Punto or may be Lineas also (I never owned one), are handle with care stuff. I fill diesel and drive only. It ia a great miracle that they run on roads and keep you alive.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing aftermarket is still for my Punto BNW.
    Experimentation only after expiery of extended warrenty or when you are filled to your neck and finally decided to push it downhill.
  6. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Magan ji, the statement that you have made above, is that your own experience or your perception? I have read, experienced and seen many cases where fiats have saved the lives of their passengers and in situations where other more popular cars had been devastated. Also, if you see the resolution to the above mentioned issue, it was not the car part that was the problem.

Nand - I would suggest to get any major accessory from the FASS as other mechanics are inexperienced in handling technically superior fiats.