1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indicator Knob not coming to neutral position

Discussion in 'Technical' started by RajiniHasan, Jan 19, 2013.

1. RajiniHasan

RajiniHasan Timido

Chennai
    Hi,

Past couple of days i have problem with my indicator knob. If i turn my indicator either to left or right and turn my car and after steering comes to straight position my indicator knob still remains in left / right postion and doesn't come to neutral positions. Please suggest how can i fix this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Rajini hasan,

Get it changed under warranty as simple as that.Got mine changed twice.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. Replace it under the warranty. For additional advice contact CV Anandh who has replaced this indicator knob which has been totally broken by his driver once.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do we get the industry knowb separate?
    I thought it's a part of the combi switch...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  5. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    This may be a late reply.

You are right Andy, we don't get just the indicator separate, its the whole Combination Switch which needs changing. I got it changed on the Punto too and if I remember correctly it costs some 9k+ when out of warranty.
  6. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    My punto having the same issue started from today. Knob is not bouncing back.

Someone please help me whether I can get from open market and also let me know the part no. 9k+ is too high for a electrical switch unit.
    Thanks.
  7. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    Good News.. Entire OEM switch is available in open market for 3800 (approx). We can fix it with the help of trusted Mechanic and save 5k.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/3284-grande-punto-wiper-stalk-broken.html

3800 is too costly,i got it @2500 from KAVA mumbai.
    just for yout knowledge the combi switch comes different for Airbag and non Airbag models.

the fitment is not so easy as you are thinking,i would say better you make your ride habbit by tapping with hands on indicator stalk for few 1000 kms.After analysing the difference go for the order of combi switch.one has to remove the steering to fit this.better get it done in FASS or TASS.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  9. RajiniHasan

RajiniHasan Timido

Chennai
    with my first service this problem was resolved for me. It was with RDC Fiat. For me the knob switch that controls the position along with steering was the problem. Without any replacement they resolved.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ganges,

Where did you fix this part sourced from KAVA? Did TASS/ FASS fixed it?