1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

India's ties with Italy may worsen

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Is he an indian author?
  2. Nope not at all.
  3. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    today's update:Italian envoy can't leave India: Supreme Court. Not sure on the impact, but it does not sound very good for us i think. we need to track this story closely.

The Supreme Court on Thursday restrained Italian Ambassador from leaving the country after Italy refused to send back two marines charged with killing Indian fishermen.Stunned by Italy going back on its sovereign assurance on the return of the Italian marines facing trial in India for killing two Kerala fishermen, the External Affairs ministry on Tuesday had summoned Ambassador Daniele Mancini and read him the riot act.His expulsion, sources said, is being actively considered as one of the options New Delhi can exercise in response to Rome's sudden decision that was announced late on Monday. Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai held meetings with key MEA officials as the government considered its options through Tuesday.The diplomatic options discussed include minimum diplomatic contact with Italy — like India has with Denmark in recent years over the Kim Davy extradition issue — or snapping all diplomatic ties which includes closing its mission in Rome and asking the Italians to shut theirs in India, cancelling business contracts with Italian companies and stopping all diplomatic visits by either side, sources said.Besides, the government is also talking to legal experts and law ministry officials to explore legal options.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I would not be surprised if the business lobby intervenes to get the marines back to India. India is a key market for them and doing anything that results in snapping of business relations with India will be suicidal for them.
  5. It will just be diplomatic relations downgrade like what happened with Denmark and issue will die down.After all we Indians have very short term memory.
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    For the sake of my country, I wont mind FIAT or for that matter any ITALIAN company or personal kicked out if they don't give the least deserved respect to this Nation. They are already damned and if they really wanna pursue it, then be damned.
    3 people like this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with this
  8. Evrey time we kicked out some company country suffered with financial crisis, Remember George Fernandez giving packing orders to Cocacola and IBM? down the line 10 years ....
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

If such is the turn of events, we can all kiss goodbye to Sunfeast Pasta, Pizza Corner/Hut/Dominoes , Little Italy and all other Italian food joints :evilsmile.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i think this is not the right place to discuss indo-italian relation. we are here to discuss our Fiats.
    2 people like this.