1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indian Taxis - Review

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by dj.nish, Feb 10, 2013.

1. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Uber is going through some major bashing.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/wor...or-Poor-Service/2014/12/09/article2563303.ece

https://gigaom.com/2014/12/09/uber-banned-in-spain-thailand-sued-in-portland-hassled-in-rio/

Somehow I dont feel any sympathy towards them. They have some really irksome policies.

Has anyone tried deleting their account from the app? There is no way to do that.

Uber has even sent a mail to subscribers detailing changes in the payment process:

<snip>
    Starting today, December 1st, you will no longer be able to request a ride using your India issued Credit Card directly through the app. For those holding an Indian credit card, the Paytm Wallet will be the only payment method available. We noticed that you still do not have a Paytm Wallet linked to your account. You need to link a Paytm wallet to your Uber account to continue riding!

What happens to your existing credit card? Your credit card information remains fully secure and continues to be a valid payment option for all rides taken outside India. If you still wish to delete your card on file, you may do so by tapping on 'Payment' within the app or by logging into riders.uber.com
    <snip>

Even though the mail mentions this, there is STILL no way to delete your card details in the app.

The only thing you can do is send a mail to customer support. I got a reply as below, and confirmed that I wanted my account deleted, but even after a month, there is no acknowledgment.

Hi,

Happy to help. Do you mind if I ask why you'd like to close your account? Is there something we can be doing better? There's no harm in keeping your account just in case you'd like to use it in the future. You'll only be charged for rides you actually take.

If you'd still like to delete it, I can go ahead and do that for you. The account information along with all associated data will be cleared out. Just keep in mind that the process is not reversible.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll be happy to help further.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure on account delete, but Credit Card details can be deleted from app. I have done it.
    Select Card from Payment option, click Edit, and then you will see Delete option at bottom. In Android.

Screenshot_2014-12-09-22-06-33.png
  3. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for clarifiying @Ravi . I should have mentioned it was Debit card that I registered in the app. There is no delete button for debit card :oops:
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have used UBER (and to some extent Ola) in last few weeks, and I am impressed with their service and cost.
    No more Auto, Taxis are way convenient and cheaper. And with so many competition, the offers are keep coming.

Currently UBER is giving Rs 600 free, for first ride. If someone interested, can use promo code 'uber7449' (of course I will also get some credits :)).
    asimpleson likes this.