1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indian Taxis - Review

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by dj.nish, Feb 10, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes googled that info Shashank. Thanks for your info too. I just wish private car pooling could work that way. Anyways, there is the issue of security to driver or passenger or other nuisances that I think could be a reason for car pooling not being too popular.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    SOme of my friends used Uber in Hyderbad to airport transfer. Nice to see Audi A4 and Volvo waiting for you down your apartment complex. Costed around 600-700 for 30Kms. (Gachibowli to Airport)

Some company did give introductory coupons to employees and if your company is one of them, nothing like that. :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Audi and Volvo ... :shocked

In Mumbai the site just shows Innova to Accord. :D
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Uber has been there from some time, one can see a big detailed report on tbhp for same.
    They have there positives as well as negatives, best part is given Indian market size most of the concepts have some space always :)
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I have used UBER a couple of times. The first time was last month for a drop to the airport which is about 13kms for which they charged me Rs.700 which was ridiculous as the normal taxi fare is around Rs.275. Since everything is based on GPS there is no meter in the car and your card is automatically charged once you finish the ride. And please note the charge is in US dollars not INR. I sent a complaint email to them which was promptly replied to and they apologised for the "Sticker shock" and arranged to refund about Rs.300. Then they also gave a Rs.300 credit to me for my future ride which was welcome.

Subsequently since I did not use them for some time, they sent me an email informing that I could take a free ride for a maximum value of Rs.500, which I took last week. It was an Innova again, very clean and so was the driver. As promised they didn't charge a paisa for the ride, the invoice for which came to Rs.368. I really enjoyed the experience and will use them again.

@ Simpleson: Whenver they launch, they send these high end cars for a couple of months after which it is generally Innova's and Corolla's as per them. In Madras when they launched, they had the 5 series, XF and the E class :).
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have used Uber Taxi service today, in Bangalore. I must say it was a excellent experience, from process to mobile app. You can track every bit of the ride. Even fare is very competitive.
    All updates on phone, fare was charged to credit card. No hassales.

Even the website on laptop had all the information. Way to go.

Uber.jpg
    punto_emotion likes this.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Received an email from Uber :

5 Free rides till Sunday Nov 30 worth Rs. 300 each if you choose "Wallet" as payment method.

Not sure if applicable for all cities.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And used it today :).

uber.png
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    'Taxi For Sure' has launched Nano fleet in its Bangalore Taxi service. I saw one yesterday on road, and it was driven with full 4 people. The pricing is cheaper than Auto... good option.
    Pricing - Rs. 25 for 2 km. After that it’s Rs. 10 per km.

IMG_20141207_171135~2.jpg

http://blog.taxiforsure.com/taxiforsure-nano-taxi-bangalore/
    asimpleson and punto_emotion like this.
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Uber Hired Repeat Offender: 5 Major Lapses in Delhi Rape Case..

Uber_rape_protests_AP_650.jpg
    Protests outside the Delhi Police headquarters after a woman was raped allegedly by a Uber taxi driver (Associated Press photo)

New Delhi: A driver with popular taxi service Uber arrested for allegedly raping a woman passenger in Delhi on Friday was involved in a previous rape case. The Delhi Police say had the company subjected Shiv Kumar Yadav, 32, to proper scrutiny, the crime could have been avoided.

Five lapses by Uber according to the Delhi Police:
    1. Uber failed to check that Yadav had a criminal record and was tried for rape in 2011. He did not go through police verification that is mandatory for cab drivers.
    2. The address provided by the company for Yadav turned out to be false.
    3. The mobile number that Yadav was using was shared between three drivers who drove the car on shifts.
    4. The driver did not have the Public Service Vehicle licence required for commercial vehicles. There was no Global Positioning System or GPS in the car.
    5. The only link Uber had with the driver was a phone given to him by the company with its app. Since the mobile phone was switched off, it became impossible to track the driver.

SOURCE: http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/uber-hired-repeat-offender-5-major-lapses-in-delhi-rape-case-631128?utm_source=ndtv&utm_medium=top-stories-widget&utm_campaign=story-1-http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/uber-hired-repeat-offender-5-major-lapses-in-delhi-rape-case-631128