1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indian Taxis - Review

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by dj.nish, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Just one point to note, when call the call center they only book 60 minutes before the pickup time but if you use the website you can book in advance.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I usually don't prefer these cabs for pickup and drop they drive so fast and carelessly here in Bangalore. Last time Meru picked me up from Airport and drove like a maniac ---> over speeding
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I always booked 24 hrs in advance or sometimes even more than that. The Confirmation SMS may be delivered late(for some unknown reason) but still if doubt and cal them up once more they will instantly sent the SMS.

The Driver is assigned for pick up 1 hr before the pick up time and you get the driver details along with it. The cab will be at the pick up point atleast 10-15 mins before time.
    Thats been the case for past 6 or 7 instances with OLA.
  4. Last weekend i went to mysore with my friends I booked Olacabs taxi 7 days before, because they start new offers on out station rental cars. Book Bangalore cars on rent for out station and get 20% off on booking.
  5. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Even I had good expereince with OLA cabs, but they accept booking only from 10am, so I had to book easy cabs for pickup at 8:45am. No one in OLA picked the call at 8am :(
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Uber is a venture-funded startup and transportation network company based in San Francisco, California, that makes mobile apps that connect passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire and ridesharing services.The company arranges pickups in dozens of cities around the world. Cars are reserved by sending a text message or by using a mobile app—the latter can also be used by customers to track their reserved car's location.

(taken from wikipedia)

Well since Uber is now in India

1. Bangalore
    2. Mumbai
    3. Delhi
    4. Hyderabad
    5. Pune
    6. Chennai

They are providing luxury to mid size sedans and charging prices accordingly.

Please share your experiences with Uber and any of the UBER promotional events in this thread.

Links to app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubercab

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uber/id368677368?mt=8

More information:
    www.uber.com

My first experience:

I wanted a cab from Railway station to my house and was not in a mood to take an Auto. Just fired up Uber and it showed me ETA 20 Mins. I thought of having some vada pav outside station and tracking my cab on its way towards me. It arrived in 22 mins.

I was surprised to see a well maintained Innova where in Pune radio cab means Maruti Eeco. Driver was courteous and I reached home in 24 mins travelled a distance of 7.7 kms.

I was charged: Rs. 243 on my card. Quite nice considering the auto waalas were asking 150 for the same.

Break up:
    7.7*15 = 115.5
    24 mins * 2 = 48
    Basic Fare = 80
    total: 243.5
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    pdash, kr_vasudev, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Finally some company that is working out a way for sharing private transportation making car pooling a reality, I hope .. :up
    or is it something much different..? :confused:
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @Uber Pune: Uber is organizing an event @ High Sprits Cafe, Koregaon Park, Pune on 29th June (Sunday) as a promotional event.

Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    Details:
    The event is an evening with Uber at High Sprits cafe for Uber users. The drinks are on Uber and they are offering 50% discount on any pick up from High Spirits Cafe or drop to high spirits cafe.

I received an email about the event and the invitation, although it is an open invitation for all Uber users.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is not a private car pooling but a cab service but it is lot different from our traditional cab service providers.

How it works:

Download the Uber App on your smartphone, register, feed in your credit card details and you're all set. Whenever you need a cab next, fire up the App. It'll automatically detect your current location and also show you the nearest cab's expected arrival time (ETA). There is no meter in the cab but they track things using the GPS. All you have to enter is the pick up location and you can even check fare quotes to your destination. Yes, you can cancel the booking at no charge if it's cancelled within 5 minutes of booking. the bill will reach your email address provided during Uber account creation. They do not charge anything extra and the systems are quite accurate.

Download Uber to experience it :)

Please note on registering Uber will charge Rs. 80 but this is just a card verification charge and gets refunded in few days. I was charged and the amount was refunded after 4 days in my statement. Also note that we can use Credit/Debit cards both to register with Uber.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This looks very interesting. Never knew about it. Thanks for sharing.