1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indian GP 2011

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by prakhar_lfc, Nov 2, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I was fortunate to be at the historic first Indian GP. It was a once in a lifetime experience. It dream come true for me. Thanks to my friend Kishor.

I couldn't go in the Jet because my father and brother couldn't get the tickets :( So, instead, I went there with Kishor in his Santro (Who had booked the tickets long ago).

We set off from Dehradun on 28th Oct (Friday) at 5:45am. Reached our guest house by 1:30pm and just managed to reach the track before the end of practice session 2. The Yamuna Expressway is simply fantastic :D The Linea could do more than 180kph on that kind of road! :)

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3020.jpg

This is just a trailer. More pics to follow soon......
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    I couldn't click any pics inside the track on Friday as I didn't carry my camera inside fearing that it was not allowed. But everyone seemed to carry one, so carried it inside on Saturday. The distance between parking and our stand was too much. We could have taken the shuttle buses, but they all were already full :(

We reached the track by 12:30pm on Saturday. Just in time to see the support race. Here are some pics:

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

During Qualifying, Felipe Massa crashed right in front of us. You don't see an F1 car crash in front of you very often, do you? :D

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.JPG

Before I could get my camera ready, Massa was already gone, riding pillion on an Activa. :redcar

Vettel did what he's best at doing, bagging the pole once again. Aren't we bored of that? I was expecting to see my favourite driver, Fernando Alonso on the pole. But I might have to wait till the next season (hopefully).

On our way back, a red Audi R8 zoomed past us. It's exhaust note, no match of the F1 cars, was still very loud!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Indian GP 2011 Some more pictures

Few pictures from my side. Sorry about the quality of the pictures (Taken from my mobie)

IMG-20111030-00024.jpg

IMG-20111030-00030.jpg

IMG-20111030-00031.jpg

IMG-20111030-00038.jpg
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Nice pics Rajen :cool: Looking at the pictures, it seems that you were at the Classic Stand 2 East. Were you?

BIC, Race Day:

We started off early from our Guest House (around 11 am) to avoid rush. The stand was almost empty when we reached there. Again we reached in time to watch the Support Race. I met two Liverpool supporters there :dancing

IMG_3048.jpg

We had a discussion on the West Brom match (played on Saturday) and Man Utd ;)

I couldn't click any pics of the Classic Car Rally or the race, but I have shot videos of the same. Will upload them on YouTube and post the links here.

The race itself was amazing :D It was easy to figure out the positions in the first few laps, but after the first round of 'stops, the grid was all messed up. Massa once again lost control in front of our stand, but unfortunately I couldn't see the scene as I was buying cold drinks :( Speaking of the food, water and cold drinks were sold on MRP, but the price of everything else was shocking :shocked Some prices:

Tea: Rs 50
    Coffee: Rs 50
    Cold Coffee: Rs 100
    Sandwich: Rs 150
    Pasta: Rs 200
    Chicken Biryani: Rs 200

Vettel won, again, no doubt about it :( We thought that Sutil was in 5th position, ahead of the two Mercedes, but he was a lap down. We were not able to see the standings properly as the screen was too far away, +1 to Kishor for carrying binoculars :D Was happy that Ferrari were on the podium.
    After the race was over, one cool dude exclaimed "India Bulls jeet gaye" :lol Most of the people knew nothing about F1. They must have thought "Car Race honi hai, chalo dekhne chalte hai"

Some pics:

IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.JPG
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Prafkhar. You are right. I was at East stand. Adding two more pictures

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    How was the crowd on Race Day? I saw some empty seats on the stand.

Some More Pics:

IMG_3055.JPG
    Victorious Vettel on the Podium

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG
    The view of the track from outside our stand

IMG_3064.JPG