1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Indian Car sales figures Analysis

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Surya, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maruti made the customers that their cars are the only things suitable for Indian Customers. They are not creating driving pleasure and enthusiasm. So the people follows like sheep. The market is opening up now and VWs and Skodas are started selling. Soon the Maruti will just compete to save it's place, wherever it is...
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maruti success is service network & there are no of vendors who manufacture their spares and the main area of success is at Entry Level & B segment.

Hyundai came to india long back then also so many people say Spare parts of Hyundai are on higher side.
    Whereas in case of maruti ,though spares are higher or average side, people has blind belief that service is cheaper.
    One of my friend asked me about service costs of Punto through my 47000Kms Ownership ( 50 % Kms run are on Rural side & Highways ).
    He was surprised to hear that my service costs are 18500 Rs ( Including Brake pads Change ).
    P.S - Slowly people are realising on VFM cars over Loyal Maruti brand.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Quote from the link
    Utter nonsense.. Its statements like these that go viral on the net and in printed media that is masking the true understanding of a customer..
    Wonder why there are no strict rules that govern auto makers... (Or like everything else they have their own rules...)
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Mr.Osamu Suzuki, Chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation is visiting India to have a meeting with Maruti official's on Friday to discuss about the falling sales, profitablity & market share of the company in India.

Seems like while we in India are celebrating Maruti's success, the reality is totally different!

Source: Osamu Suzuki to visit India as Maruti sales keep sliding - Hindustan Times
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Maruti is nothing without Suzuki like Hero without Honda with foreign collaboration and support they are able to push vehicles, technology, most of the technological research, innovations and design is part of Suzuki and not from Maruti. Suzuki is again a international proven brand if it withdraws support to Maruti next day it will be on roads..
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont see this happening atleast in near future. Because India is the only place where Suzuki has a strong hold. In fact in its own motherland - Japan, its placed 4th or 5th (if my memory is right). Unlike their Japanese counterparts (Toyota & Honda), Suzuki doesnt enjoy a firm grip in global market. This is very evident from statistics mentioned in the article shared by Amit - Almost 40% of Suzuki's global revenue is from India. So, they are very much India dependent and hence are really scratching their heads.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Yes there isn't much left for them in US and European markets with stiff competition in India they have to worry ..