1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

India Comes Home in F/I/A/T : Pune - Bangalore - Coimbatore - Bangalore - Pune

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Heartlin Sunderji, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Awesome !

One word to describe the Journey that I had from Pune to Coimbatore driving all alone,

It all started on 3-Nov-2012, Saturday. Came home from office on Friday evening and was all excited for the journey , the next day.
    Slept soon at 7:00 PM to make sure to take a good nap. But my excitement woke me up at 11:15 PM. Hardly 3 hours of sleep. I had everything packed.
    Now the game began. Thoughts came asking me to start @ 12:00 AM midnight. Was daunting and was also exciting. So immediately started getting
    ready and started loading Punto with the luggage and the necessities.

Clock - 11:46 PM, FRI - 2-Nov

Sat inside Punto, and with excitement , started the engine and idled it for 2 minutes. Checked everything barely, the lights and the fuel and the other
    trivial things. Reset the trip meter A. Prayed to the Almighty and engaged the reverse gear to take it out of the parking lot.

My flat was just adjacent to the Pune - Bangalore highway. Rode slowly till the highway waiting to take it on.

And the time was 12:00 AM, SAT -3-Nov

Me, Punto , Road, Road and more Road. Decided to take the drive all way to Coimbatore on the same day

And the time was 10:00 PM SAT- 3- Nov

Reached home at Coimbatore safe and sound. Checked the trip meter and it was showing 1250 KMS done in 22 hours with Avg Speed 68MPH

Not to forget the mileage that I got all the way. Check in the below pic for yourself.

Am now chilling in Coimbatore, and Got lot to do in the vacation holidays.

One more thing which excites me is the driving back to Pune from Coimbatore (Yaay)

Till then enjoy the below pics

Image0375.jpg
    Image0376.jpg
    Image0377.jpg
    Image0378.jpg
    Image0379.jpg
    Image0380.jpg
    Image0381.jpg
    Image0382.jpg
    Image0383.jpg
    Image0384.jpg
    Image0385.jpg
    Image0386.jpg
    Image0387.jpg
    Image0388.jpg
    7 people like this.
  2. murugusec

murugusec Timido

CHENNAI
    congrats for your ride.. pleaseremove the plastics covered the seats.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Congrats on completing the first leg of your journey...
    1 person likes this.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Great drive Heartlin.
    By the way, i don't see any picture showing your mileage figures.

Do update the road condition. Was the road condition as discussed and expected?
    What route did you take? did you by pass Bangalore via NICE road and straight to Electronics city junction near Hosur?

It must have been quite a drive to achieve the entire streach in one go :car
    1 person likes this.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Super ride! When are you returning to Pune? I will be driving from Bangalore to Pune right after diwali. (14th or 15th)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Wow, congrats brother - I can feel the adrenaline of driving 1250/- KM in a stretch that too a FIAT :)
    Do post mileage figures !!
    1 person likes this.
  7. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Great ride !!! i hope you enjoyed a lot......
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hearline good to see trip updates from. You enjoyed a lot. Keepking Puntoing. :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    1250 km in a Fiat that too in 22 hours, wow its just every one wanted to do it.... have a happy hours in coimbatore :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Great Ride man.. Enjoy kovai with kongu tamil..!!::V
    1 person likes this.