1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

India Comes Home in F/I/A/T : Pune - Bangalore - Coimbatore - Bangalore - Pune

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Heartlin Sunderji, Oct 8, 2012.

1. India Comes home in F/I/A/T

Greetings !

For some of the TFI'ans who know me in this forum, no introduction is needed. But for many who does not know me,
    I am Heartlin, and my ride is Punto MJD. Pimped my Ride recently on Sep-8-2012 in Pune.

If you have time, you can go through my Early Ownership Review where I have penned my diary of My Bride and I
    in the altar.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/7526-fiat-pimped-my-%5Bb%5Dride-punto.html

8-Oct-2012

Its been exactly one month from the delivery and already 2423 KMS on the ODO and living every moment of it.
    I get a mileage of 16-17 KMPL in city and 19+ in the highways with AC on 100%

Am here to let my fellow TFI'ans to know and also get their valid inputs for my planned trip in my Diwali Vacation.
    Since the day am having an affair with my Punto, She is missing my Mom,Dad & Sister's blessings. She has'nt met
    them yet, which made me plan a long trip in the Diwali Vacation Holidays Nov 10 - Nov 25 to my hometown Coimbatore.

Trip Route :

Pune - Bangalore(Outer Ring ROAD) - Salem - Coimbatore - Salem - Bangalore - Pune

Trip Start Time

Planning to start my Trip in the morning 5:00 AM so that I can reach bangalore by evening 5-7 PM

Halt

Bangalore : Any Hotel in the Outer Ring Road. And next day morning starting the journey again.

Total Distance: To and Fro

2400 KMS

Rider : One & only me

Passenger : My Beloved Mom

Trip Plans After Reaching Coimbatore

Coimbatore - Rajapalayam - Tirunelveli - Tenkasi - Coimbatore : To & Fro = 1000 KMS

Weekend Ooty Trip = 200 KMS

Total Trip Distance

3600 KMS

Planned Road Map

Map.jpg

Dates

Dates is a real problem. One week leave is confirmed. But waiting from my PeM to get another week leave.
    Dates may be Nov-3 to Nov-18 (or) Nov 10 - Nov 25.

HELP

Guys, I have posted this thread not only to share my travologue but also for a great HELP ( can you see the font in Upper Case :)),
    that I will require from my fellow mates to make this trip a successful one.

Below are some of my Queries which will be helpful. Please keep me updated with your help.
    In Return, I will come up with a detailed travalogue with umpteen pics, ODO Data and lots more.

1. Punto has run 2423 till date. Till one month to go for 5000 KMS service. Where Will I first service her ? Or should I
    service her at Coimbatore

2. Any issues If I run her long 1200 KMS before first service ?

3. Need some clarity in the Road conditions Pune - Coimbatore.

4. Before travel checkups and DIYs for my Punto( like Oil check, wiper solvent check, etc )

5. And anything you guys would love to guide me.

I am very excited for this trip and as I said, India no more come home in Maruti, but F/I/A/T.

Keep me posted with your valuable comments and suggesstions to make my trip a happy one with my Punto.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hearlin keeps us updated on road condition throughout your trip. For Goa meet this information will be useful.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    wow 3000Km trip great man... waiting for the travelog.. i an not sure about the route till banglore however Banglore to Coimbator you can fly ....

Sreejith
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Heartlin, few suggestions:-

1. Check all fluid level, Tyre pressure.
    2. Take Snacks, Water, Juice, Hot Tea with you for the long run.
    3. Most Importantly:- Don't drive constantly more than 2hr 30min to 3 Hrs. Split your journey with gap of 15-30 minutes of rest between every 2hr 30 min .
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sure buddy. After my trip, I will come up with a detailed travalogue.

Thanks suman. Can you elaborate on the fluids which I have to check. I hav'nt opened my bonnet yet.

Tat's why I chose Bangalore - Salem - Coimbatore instead of Bangalore - Sathiyamangalam - Coimbatore. The latter is not a great road, but the former
    is a very good highway for a great run which can save time.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Engine oil level, Coolant, Brake fluid level, Power steering oil.
    1 person likes this.
  7. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Regd 3. Need some clarity in the Road conditions Pune - Coimbatore.

I've done BLR-PUNE in last week of december 2011. Roads are good all the way from, except for a small portion between Davengere & Harihar. Traffic can be high until you reach Belgaum. So plan your trip such that you start very early from Pune. Belgaum-Dharwad stretch is just too good. Dharwad-Hubli is 2 lane highway. Then from Hubli-Bangalore should be a breeze.

Once you enter Nelamangala, I suggest you avoid entering Bangalore completely by taking the NICE road. This bypass will directly take you to Hosur road. So you can look for accomodation near Electronics City or better yet in Hosur. Entering and leaving Bangalore will cost you more than 4 hours.

I've done BLR-Coimbatore last August. Excellent 4-lane highway until Avinashi, after which there is 4 laning work going on, so depending on traffic you might get slowed down due to numerour diversions. Again, better to start early from your overnight stay at BLR/Hosur. Also, there are diversions in the Hosur-Krishnagiri stretch due to 6 laning work, but that should not slow you down.
    1 person likes this.
  8. That's rite. Even in my college days 2 years back, Avinashi - Coimbatore was a deadly head on road where heavy traffic use to get off the road
    for impatient overtakes. I dont know about the road now. But there is no other option available. If the road condition is improved, then I could save time.

I am entirely bypassing Bangalore through the NICE road only. Have to look for a decent accomodation for a overnight stay with mom.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Happy Journey

Hi Heartlin, All the best for your Loooooong trip home.

Once you bypass bangalore city (be careful not to miss the signboards for Nice road after Tumkur) you will get down at Electronic City junction. Electronic City is major IT hub (lots of IT and NON IT companies have their head offices here) and finding a decent hotel for stay shouldn't be a problem.

1. Punto has run 2423 till date. Till one month to go for 5000 KMS service. Where Will I first service her ? Or should I
    service her at Coimbatore

I would say you get the first service done @ Pune from the dealer where you brought your car.

I got my first service done @ my ODO reading close to 5600 KMs after a long drive of 1500 KMs
    I checked with the service center about the max reading that i should be on to get the first service done and they had advised the 500 to 600 KMs more more shouldn't be an issue and i guess that it can be 1000 KMs also. I would say keep your service center infromed about this so that they wont deny a free service afterwards (just in case). Every manufacture follows the same practice i beleive.

2. Any issues If I run her long 1200 KMS before first service ?

I have done a 3K Kms long trip with my ODO starting @ 900 and the another 1500 KMS drive. All this before the 5K Kms first service.
    The only thing i kept in mind was the run in period and not to push hard.
    In your case you have finished the run in already and hence i dont see any issue with the long drive.

3. Need some clarity in the Road conditions Pune - Coimbatore.

My knowledge about the roads
    Pune --> Bangalore is a very well laid 4 lane (or bigger at some places) Highway and you shouldnt see any issues
    Bangalore --> Hosur --> Krishnagiri --> Salem is also a very good 4 lane road (i remember some small bad patches after krishnagiri, but might have been rectified by now and not of big concern)

These are data from the latest update i have, some from my own drive and some from friends/colleagues who have been on these roads.

Am not aware of the road conditions from Salem to Coimbatore but should be a nice drive too (most of the roads in TN are good)

4. Before travel checkups and DIYs for my Punto( like Oil check, wiper solvent check, etc )

Check all the fluid levels, tryre pressure (incliding the spare wheel) and ofcourse your Fuel :) (hahahaaa)
    Since it is a new vehicle other components like wipers etc might not need to be checked.
    Make sure to check your tool kit and get accustomed to the usage of the Jack etc.

5. And anything you guys would love to guide me.

Drive safe, try to look ahead of the vehicle in front of you. Dont get carried away by the well laid highways that you are going to drive on.
    Carry some snacks (biscuts, bread, chips whatever you like) and lots of water.

Other senior memebrs who have experience of long drives could help you with additional information on this and your other queries too.

This is the longest post/reply that i have to my credit on this forum ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Heartlin,,

If you don't have much work to do in Salem..

I would suggest you go to Coimbatore via Mysore & OOty... that way u get Mysore as bonus & u can go via Bandipur & Mudumalai National Park...also route os shorter & more scenic...and climate wil be much better..

Just take a right to Nice road before B;lore and go straight & reach Mysore road..u do'nt even have to enter B'lore..where u may end up spending 2 hrs before u hit Salem road...

PM me if u need more details..