1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

India Car Scene

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Surya, Sep 28, 2012.

1. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    This is hilarious and quite true :D
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    If you listen to your heart and not mind then its a FIAT for sure
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Potholed roads filled with Maruti, Hyundai and Tata cars and Honda scooters.

Not very much. Most people treat cars as a mode of transport, they have no emotions towards their cars. Enthusiasts are very rare. Generally, the best selling, easy to maintain car is preferred instead of cars that offer good driving dynamics.

3/10. I am the only car nut in my friend circle, because of which, I am famous as the "mad guy", who always keeps on talking about cars. Apart from my freinds, I have come accross very few genuine car lovers (TFIians are the obvious exceptions).

1) The car should be fuel-efficient.
    2) The car should be maintenance-free.
    3) The car should have cheap spares.
    4) It should be a "tried and tested" product.

The number of cars are increasing day by day, but the quality of roads isn't improving. One of the main reason is corruption. Roads are shown to be resurfaced every year after moonson in the official records, but in reality, only a little patchwork is done, that too of poor quality, especially in my city.

People are ignorant about traffic rules. Things like giving indicator before turning/changing lanes, driving on low beam in city etc are not followed.

I am 16, have just started riding a scooter. I always wear a helmet. My daily commute involves a red light signal. I always stop when the signal is red, but sometimes cross when the signal is amber.

I believe 18 years should be the minimum age required to get a valid driving licence.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. One category missed here.
    8) If you are a budding politician or local gangster, buy a Tata safari or Mahindra scorpio and add a darkest sunfilm available in market. Stickering your name and your patriotism at the rear glass is very important. :)
    4 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    And a flag in the front ;-)
    With a dark fat man wearing thick gold chains and bracelets behind the wheel (So called driver)
    3 people like this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    I don't wear a helmet when visiting the neighbourhood grocery shop. Forgot to mention it, my apologies.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    also number plate fonts in golden color, and dont forget to drive rashly and keep honking

tasting the Italian delight!
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    1. What comes to your mind when it comes to automobiles in India?

No proper choice of cars. No ratings agency .

2. What is the average value of understanding of a car for a common man in India?

Will I get a mechanic if it breaks-down

3. How aware or informed the people are about the cars in India?

Extremely ill-informed.

4. How do people perceive a car in their minds when it comes to choosing a car in India ?

Cost comes first , safety innovations later.

5. The Indian roads how good is the Infrastructure to justify the growth?

Fair not bad .

6. How is the understanding of traffic rules in India, how often do you break traffic rules and how serious are you about traffic rules in India?

"Rules are meant to be broken " That the motto in Indian driver. One who follows the rules is a deranged person.

7. what should be the minimum qualification of the applicant of a valid vehicle driver in India?

A better question would be what should be minimum integrity of person GIVING the license. Why talk of age, a monkey with address as "Cage no 3 , City Zoo" can get a license if he can procure enough money
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Absolutely spot on there! That really sums up what most Indians look for in their car.

BUT, regarding point 2 & 3 I have some observations. Why is it that people want a car that's cheap to maintain with cheap spares but when they get on the road they drive the car like they are suicide bombers?! Where does the money pinching attitude go then?!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Indian mentality is always => look for the cheapest one, with the cheapest spares, with the cheapest service costs, But with the cheapest quality ..?
    Every body would like to own a Benz for the cost of a maruti..for sure :evilsmile