1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Increasing the Heigh of Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavneet S. Bajaj, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Thanks for the information guys. I think i ll be going for the michelin Xm1. 1 more thing i want to know is that if i go for 65 instead of 60, how much problem is there of wheels hitting the wheel well?? If it occurs frequently, i dont think it s worth going for it then. And what about the speedo=odo error? Any inputs from those who have already done this ll be very helpful.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Thanks, this made my decision

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

thanks gurjinder. i ll go for the michelin XM1. Did you upsize the tyre too?? Is there any problem of wheels hitting the wheel well? is that bothersome??
  2. I've never had issues of tires hitting the wells. Go for 65 without any worries. Also, do check out the Michelin Primacy LC. I have them in the Linea and they are really good. Reg meter error on using 65's is approx 2km; ie., if your meter shows 100, then you would have done just 98.
  3. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    I got the Michelin XMV8's. I was a little sceptical in the beginning but I was next in line at the Tire change shop after i bought my tires. I still kick myself for not talking to the guy in front of me. It was a corolla altis taxi , very well maintained and he exchanged one set of xmv8's for another set and the old ones still looked like it had a little bit of life in it. I have no idea how long they were run. But I then thought if a taxi cab guy has stuck with the same brand then there's got to be something special about them.
  4. thanks a lot. Then i ll definately go for th 65 and ll ve a look at primary lc too
  5. update: i bought michelin primacy LC FOR MY LINEA WITH THE SAME DIMENSIONS AS BEFORE : 195/60 R 15. The dealer discouraged me from going for 65 by showing me the space between the wheel and the suspension handle. It looked like it ll most probably hit the handle while going over potholes.
  6. Following are the pictures

2011-10-28 17.07.42.jpg

2011-10-28 17.08.03.jpg
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very good choice of rubber there.
  8. Good that you went in for Primacy LC, but I'd second the dealers suggestion. Anyway enjoy loads of miles. :)
  9. Thanks anandh and phew. i preffered to go along with dealers suggestion considering he has more knowledge abt this than me.

Anyways, just initial impressions abt the tyres. The ride s definitely more smoother and quieter. The harshness which i used to feel has gone. I have not tested at higher speeds yet but the car s feeling like new again :)
  10. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hi Guys,
    I'd like to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I changed my tires to 65's without fully evaluating the downsides. Yes when there's only one or two in the car and you go over illegal speed breakers at speed, one/two times out of five it hits the wheel well.
    In all other cases there's no contact. Plus I check my tires every other day to see if there's any suspension or wheel well scraping damage.
    Should you be going over potholes and speed bumps at speed in a Linea... No !
    Nor should you in many of the sedans as low GC is a common problem and It can be partially solved by slightly bigger tires.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011