1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Increasing the Heigh of Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavneet S. Bajaj, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Do you notice any difference handling or body roll? how is the breaking performance?
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    of course not as bad as the cars you have mentioned but it is there. may be the roads in bangalore are not bad. whenever i have to go off road the car does a lot of left rit left rit exercise at low speeds when there are bumps (humps) diagonally and the passengers inside gets really unsettled (they literally get banged against the door). if linea has to go over a single crater it does it brilliantly and the ride is super flat. it is only when it does a left right crater one after the other it moves a lot which i have not seen in other cars. that is when you feel that suspension is tuned more for comfort (read soft) and not handling. the fact that it handles brilliantly shows the brilliance of fiat.
  3. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

I am not sure of it because i ran the old ones only for a 100 odd kms in total bangalore rush traffic. The suspension felt a lot stiffer than what it is now. So cannot say how the old tires were..
  4. hi, i am plsnning to change my lineas shoes.. which ones are the best to go for? My priority is low noise and harshness from the tyres. Which one do u all suggest?

1. Michelin
    2. Yokohama
    3. Bridgestone
    4. Apollo

Also if i upsize my tyre to 65 instead of 60, how much of ground clearance ll it increase and is there any major disadvantage of doing so?

Suggestions are welcome
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The GC increase will be marginal, but i reckon the best part would be increased cushioning with the added profile.

The Aceleres are OK tyres but do tend to get noisy at 100+, so i wouldn't recommend them. Even the budget A drives which are there on our Palio don't get noisy at 100+.

So it's either Yoko or Michelins.

I got a good deal on Yokos from the Sector32 dealer (Batra tyres i think). You might wanna check it out.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin is the way to go.
    There will be an increase in GC but not very significant.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Go for 65 profile A-drives. Cheaper than the Michelins.
    Dry grip is better than Michelin. But in wet michelin scores. Thats my experience in using the A-drives and Xm1+ in my Punto
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i simply love the XM1+ series from michelins. they have astonishing grip on wet roads. braking is more better on michelins.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

soccerfan - is there a difference in handling, steering feedback post the up size? Also how noisy are these a drives over michelin

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

A-drives have a bit of noise. XM1+ is silent!!!! . Xm1+ squeals when i'm taking the curves in my parking. A-drives never squealed at the same speeds. Steering is a bit more heavier now and feedback is excellent as usual