1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Increasing the Heigh of Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavneet S. Bajaj, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

linea doesnt suffer a soft suspension at all. the suspension is stiff and very balanced. when u have soft suspensions your car bounces badly on highways too.
    the real problem is the engine guard is way too low and linea is supposed to have atleast 16" wheels. in europe puntos and lineas at 16 " wheels.

ok coming back to the product its called the coil spring adjusters. it just stops springs from compressing. this is very useful for sagging cars like honda civic or honda city where when 3 people sit at back the wheels go in.

for record purpose i scrapped my linea 6-7 times when it was new. now i am very much used to it and i never scrap.
    yes it does scrap in real bad roads, but then the product above wont help in those roads either.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. These pictures will give a better idea regarding my suggested up-sizing:

Difference in height between a brand new stock GoodYear GT3 vs a brand new Bridgestone

Size Difference figures:

From the above, you can see that the increase in the radius of the tire is 10 mm which directly has an impact on your GC.

Hope this is of some help to the queries.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    no one will actually agree that linea's suspension are stiff. of course the ride is balanced and superb, but stiff is out of question. linea has quite a body roll. it moves a lot sideways. i know the ride quality is a class in its own but suspension is tuned for comfort(soft) and not handling(stiff). it handles great is a different story, thanks to the precise steering.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Linea suspension is no way soft it's stiff compared to other cars in India. If linea suspension was soft ride would have been as good at low speeds that is now at high speeds.
    But it for sure is soft if you compare it with a aftermarket suspension.
    That slight body roll is due to weight difference in front and back. Fill the boot and check again
    Precise Steering can't improve handling, all it can tell you is when the car is going out of control and what your wheels are upto.

For trying soft suspension have a drive in Tata Safari, Hyundai Verna, i20, Scorpio etc.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

^^^ best examples of soft suspensions are the new verna, honda civic - sagg master, and honda city.
  6. I do not know what is stopping Fiat India to replace the Linea's tyre 195/60 R15 to 195/65/R15.
    When all Linea's model in Turkey and Greek are coming with 195/65/R15.Considering the Roads Here in India it needed most
    then any other country.
    I also change the OEM tyre to 195/65/R15.Even, I met a guy who's Linea has 205/65/R15 and he told that he has no problem of handling and Lower GC after doing this.
  7. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

FYI I have 196/65/R15 Michelin XMV8 and I am very happy with them. Good comfort oriented tires, driven over 200 kms last 4 days since delivery and haven't scraped even once on the huge electronic city speed breakers.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

How much did you pay for them, I'm looking at changing tires in sometime. Also any difference in the steering feedback?
  9. hard to agree , Linea doesn't have lot of body roll. I have driven Scropio/wagonr I understand what it means by lot of body roll.
    Suspension is on the stiffer side if not the stiffest.
  10. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

@teky, I went to millivisions in Bangalore, got 3k for each accelere and had to pay 12.5k extra. IIRC it was 5.6k for each tyre(against a mrp of 6.1k).The car is a bit bouncy with full load, something that I have noticed when a few heavyset friends sat in the back but not once did it touch any hump on the road. The only scraping was from the stiff linea mud flaps but I'm ok with that.