1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Increasing the Heigh of Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavneet S. Bajaj, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Its nice to be back after a long time.

Have just come back from Mussoorie to Delhi yesterday on my Linea MJD 1.3 with a harrowing experience on the road.

The whole journey took me 12 hours because of poor road conditions caused by rain & on top of it Linea touching the road at every puddle (gave me a lot of heart aches).

Is it possible that I could get the height of Linea increased to some extent? If yes, how much would it cost & would it have any effect on the car warranty from the company.

Please suggest.

Pavneet
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. I do not have any technical knowledge on it. These are purely my assumptions.

1) You can increace the GC by using some "washer" (O ring) kind of things in the suspention mounts. But I feel doing so will affect the car's suspention and handling will go for a toss.
    2) You can try 195/65 R15 tires instead of stock 195/60 R15. There will be slight increase in GC. But keep in mind that odometer reading will be lesser than actual.

Instead of these modifications, you can practice some driving habbits like, braking well before the speed brakers and take the speed brakers at low speed without brakes. Also keep in mind that there is a engine guard which protects engine like a armour.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i think linea suffers from soft suspension set up which gives it a comfortable ride but the suspension travel a lot. i am also thinking of a solution. i have zeroed down on this product. these rings will sit between the springs and will result in less working of a spring. this will not increase the height of the car but the up and down movement of the car will be less. and the car will not bottom much. all this is theoretical as none of us has used it in a linea. but the funda makes sense to me.
    wat say guys??

00.JPG

01.JPG

09.JPG
  4. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
    I have also upsized my linea tyres to 195/65R15. Really improves the GC and no compromise on handling etc. Really needed for India in my opinion.
  5. Hi Soundar,

Thanks for the help. The roads to Delhi were so bad that even the best drivers could not avoid the car from touching the roads.

Will definitely go in for tyre upgrades.

Pavneet

6. How much lower?
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Karan & all

This problem is due to sturts made my Italian brand Copef.

Now new cars comes with Indian sturts made by Endurance.
    I was also facing this problem before replacing sturts.
    But after replacing front sturts in warrantee my car never touched the ground.

So avoid these type of mods. Even we feel no change in handling.
    Because these types of modifications are unfaithful & can be hazardious at any time.
    I mean when we make any modification in original design of vehicle there is always possibility of any sudden abnormality.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have done the tyre upgrade for my Punto to 195 65R15 for better GC. My colleague used some rings in this suspension setup to raise his Linea. So far no issues for both of us.