1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Incorrect placement of Jack. Any damages to the underside?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Rituraj, Apr 16, 2012.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR Thank you! Replaced the wheel this morning. I have noticed the protrusion earlier, but was not sure as it appear thin and I was worried whether it can hold up the car's weight. However my neighbor confirmed that is the right jack point. I am attaching a pic so that others who come looking for this info may get benefited

The silver color in the pic is the bottom of car's sill. Next to it marked in red is the protrusion.

IMG_20160924_145547895.jpg

KPR and gpunto75 like this.
  2. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bumping this old thread,
    Can any suggest a proper lift points for Grande Punto MJD1.3 (2014) w.r.t (hydraulic jacks (Bottle and floor), Jack stands)
    Recently, I did a DIY engine oil change plus removed front bumper for horn replacement.

I jacked up the car with scissor jack ,a wooden piece was placed under the scissor jack to lift it to the minimum height of 3 Ton Jack Stands. Scissor jack was placed at the points mentioned in the manual and I lifted my GP at these points without any issue. However I was confused for the placement of these jack stands.

I found a area/metal portion just around the scissor jack lift point , which was flat with a hole in it. It looked like a point where a mechanical lift is used to lift in workshops.

I used the same location for placing my jack stands, after removing jack stands I had noticed that the metal surface was bent a little inwards. Hence wanted to be sure to further use the same points to place jack stands or if any one can share thoughts on proper placements of these jack stands.

IMG_20180105.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2018 ---
    Also adding an under body pic for reference ( sourced it from google images), Not sure if the India Puntos' have the same lift points.
    Marked the lift points in the pic which I used to place my jack stands. This circled portion ( front left and right) got little bend to its inside after using it for my jack stands. I have not used those rear lift points yet.

fiat_grande_underneath.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    varin11 likes this.