1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Income Tax returns filing - Tools

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jul 15, 2014.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Taxspanner is one of the wendors in my office for filing returns. They have some tie-up with Hewitt "to get more business"...
    It is easy to file via the IT website...But if one worked for two companies duing a financial year and has two Form-16, there are chances that you may face troubles. I am still struggling clear the mess created in 2010-11 because of two form-16. Over five visits already done to the Income Tax office, Hebbal..:(
    When it is done by a professional agency, we can at least hope that they do it properly.

When it comes to IT, we IT folks are pretty bad!
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As a CA professional, I would advice people directly to use Tax website. You can revise it any number of times without any cost :D Procedure is pretty simple and it is one of the best Department site possible. Please provide accurate bank accounts for refunds on time. Yes, these days refund process is very much streamlined and quick.
    Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
  3. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Bad Experience with Cleartax.in

hi,

I am salaried class person and doing F & O trading in stocks.In Last year fY 2013-14 I incurred some losses. So when it come to filing IT return, I come to know tht I require to get my losses certified from CA.

After that I come to know clear Tax site where they have their plans for Capital gains having Fee Rs1500.

I contacted their customer care through Email and asked regarding which documents will be required, how things get done and all tht. They said after paying Rs. 1500/- their CA team will contact me and let me know how things proceed.

So I bought their CA assisted plan for Rs. 1500/- (whose no receipt was provided).

After tht their CA contacted me through Email and gave me list of documents i need to provided them. I gave them all the documents and after tht there is no email for 3-4 days from their end. When Contacted today they are saying I need to deposit further Rs 1085/- because ITR - 4 is required to file in my case. paying Rs.1085 is no big thing to me but the way they are doing is awful.

I don't know what to do now.

Please advice.

Regards,
    Vikkas
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure why they are charging extra for ITR 4, I mean for different types of forms, extra rate doesn't make any sense.
    But since you already done payment of 1500, better to pay extra amount and say goodbye to cleartax forever.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I normally file the returns directly in the IT website. Till this time it was Saral. But now the drop down shows ITR1 and ITR 4S. Also the requirements for filling the relevant form as seen on the home page shows that if there is an income/loss from house then ITR2 should be filled. So what should i be filling? ITS 1, ITR 2 or ITR 4S? Should i download the excel file and after filling upload it or stick to the usual of online filling?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thats why better to use some free website service and let them decide.
    For example, I was not aware if your taxable income is more than 5L, you need to file ITR2 (not ITR1), even for normal salary income.

This is the reason I filed this time with H&R Block website, free. Just upload your Form 16, verify once, input missing data, and they will decide which one to use.

Also I used their chat service for couple of questions, and found to be good at service as well. Try it.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is this true? I don't think so. ITR 1 is sufficient for individuals who just earn from Salary and may be Income from house property irrespective of Taxable income slab.

Off Course,There might be other clauses which i am not aware of.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, it is not the taxable income > 5L (I was wrong earlier), but below is rule -

Source - Three smart ways to file tax returns
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi Folks,

I have a query, as I changed Job in mid of year, I missed out on claiming HRA from my last firm and it shows HRA 0 in Form 16 provided by them.
    Now if I wish to claim a refund as part of IT filing, how do I proceed about it, its around 35k :(

Thanks
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rituraj, I presume that you would be clubbing Form 16 from your previous company as well while filing current ITR. In that case, you can claim the missed out HRA pertaining to your previous company. Retain back up papers like rental agreement/rent receipts in case of any queries in future.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.