1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Income Tax returns filing - Tools

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time for filing Income Tax returns ;).

I was using Income Tax Govt website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) to file tax.
    However this year, I am trying to use H & R Block website - https://www.hrblock.in/. This looks pretty good compared to govt site, for ex- you can uplaod your Form - 16 and it reads all data and pre-populate so many data (must verify, I found few data was not read properly).

Anyone else using any other website?
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From 2006, I am using the excel utility provided by the Income Tax department to file my returns. I am doing it only online and I send the acknowledgement (ITR V) to them by post. I have also got all refunds till date. It has also been hassle free so far, for me. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramesh, I was doing same till now :).
    Just now I completed from H & R, and I feel this much easier, and you will have a copy stored at Income Tax website also.

But yes, Acknowledgement still needs to be send thorugh post (without digital signature).
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    last year i filed using www.makemyreturns.com. it costed 167 rs. just like the site you mentioned, it reads the Form 16 and auto populates.
    haven't filed yet for this year but just checked the site today and the interesting thing i found is that they have made self service efiling free this time.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    H&R Block is an US company. I filed my US tax returns thru them in 2012. Surprising that they are now operating in India too. :)
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I'm using taxspanner from last 4 years... :)
  8. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Why do they provide this free service ? It is said that some of them could be keeping or selling your data ! Dont know if it is true ?
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Highly possible.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have been e-filing my income tax returns using IT department's website since many years without any issue. This year, the forms are made more taxpayer friendly by automatic filling of the contact details, TDS, etc. Usually, I pay a few hundred rupees more so that I get a refund. After introduction of e-filing of returns, I am getting prompt refund to my bank account.
    1 person likes this.