1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Inclusion and exclusion in extended warranty

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by yadavpavan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    Anyone for guidance?

2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys most of the time if your Hav clocked 30000 km plus they don't honor warranty Inspite of the party coverage in the ext warranty manual..
    I've experienced this a lot

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    The fact is prior to 2010, all models have an extended warranty from united assurance and the booklet mentions that suspension and struts are not covered after 35k but the models from 2010 have the extended warranty policy similar to first two years fiat warranty and it is also from a different company and not united assurance.

I found out this when i got my right rear shock absorber replaced at gwalior at 34796 kms. I was very lucky as mine is 2009 make with united assurance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  5. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Does Door latch assy is also included in main warranty given by Fiat? In my car driver side and Co-passenger doors are not closing properly i have to put much force as compared to rear doors in order to close them properly. I wanted them to replace it but the SA was not sure whether it is covered in warranty or not?
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Does wiper included in warranty? since on my 2nd service or so they have changed my wiper without cost in Ramkay chennai. and last week i did my 3rd service and they mention as its not included in warranty. any idea/thoughts on this?
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I don't think wipers are included. They are treated as consumables.
  8. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi,

I have gone through the Extended warranty book and not able to see the 35k limit anywhere, is that one which you have copied here is the latest one?
    Mine extended warranty is issued on 2012
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hello Guys ,

I have a Dec 2010 Bought Punto 90hp .

Recently the alternator had to be replaced . My car is still under extended warranty . However I was charged around INR 12000 for this part. Does anyone know if alternator replacement is covered under extended warranty ?
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I think that it should be coveted under extended warranty,

I have got starter motor replaced, glow plugs replaced, 2 months back,

Under extended warranty and didn't paid a single penny.