1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Inclusion and exclusion in extended warranty

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by yadavpavan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. yadavpavan

yadavpavan

Pune
    Hi Team,

I own a Punto 1.3MJD emotion. I am confussed about the inclusion and exclusion of warranty offered by the company i.e what are the free things in warranty and what are the chargeable ones. Does suspension, gear box change, clutch plates change etc are included or excluded in warranty?
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Suspension and clutch is till 35000 kms.Rest all in warranty.
  3. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    i have gone thru entire extended warranty booklet, its terms & conditions, nowhere it mentions that suspension & clutch are covered till 35,000 kms.

It clearly mention that its an additional extended warranty for 26 months or 1.5 lakh kilometer, which ever is earlier.

The exclusions as defined are brake pads, which are not covered under extended warranty....which means they covered under normal warranty till 24 months or 80,000 kilometers, so where does this 35 k clause kick in????
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Extended warranty manual clearly mentions suspension warranty is limited to 35000kms.
    The main warranty booklet mentions that the car is warranted for a period of 24 months with unlimited mileage if used for personal purposes, and 80k kms/24months if used with yellow plate.

warranty.jpg
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    even i couldn't find 35000 figure mentioned in the extended warranty booklet. can someone post a picture here ..
  6. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    As previously posted, I still haven't been able to trace any clause in extended warranty booklet, that limits coverage of clutch & suspension upto 35 k only, so where or how does thing come into picture??
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Any claim on suspension is limited to 35 k km only as per the terms and conditions governing extended warranty.

DSC07783.jpg
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about rear view mirror. I got replaced it two days before without warranty. When I asked they told plastics are not covered under warranty. The connecting part between windshield and mirror got broken.
  9. K N Sharma

K N Sharma

jaipur
    I am regularly complaining to TASS for suspension problem after the purchase of GP in Oct 2009 ,they changed my shockers and knuckle rod with in warranty but did not changed knuckles. I repeated made complaints to the customer care and TASS but they did not take note of that. Later on customer care forwarded my complaint to TASS at Jaipur. They inspected the vehicle and said that they will change them free of cost but after the parts arrived they told me that they will charge for it as up to that time vehicle has crossed 50 k reading.Will fiat take action against the TASS Roshan Motors, Jaipur?I have Ex Warranty cover also which is of no use for me.i request fiat to look in to the matter and solve my problem becuse i have to approche the TASS and it is TASS who has to ractify my problem.
  10. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    Hi All,

Even I am listening lots of stuff about this 35000K clause on suspension. I own punto purchased on 31Oct 2010. Even in my warranty and extended warranty booklet I dont dint this 35000 figure which lots of people here are talking about. Is it something added to models after?

If my warranty booklet does not refer to it, it means I am covered for it. Same applies to anyone whose booklet does not have this mentioned. Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks