1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In Search Of Head Unit!!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Grandeur, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Finally, received my Jabra Cruiser 2 today. Did some testing while at home...very impressive device. Sound is clear and sharp, here's some basic feature:

• Superior sound for hands-free calls in the car
    • Multiuse™ - connect to 2 Bluetooth® devices simultaneously
    • Voice Guidance – Caller ID, battery status, set-up and more
    • Dual microphone technology for excellent sound
    • No installation needed – just clip it onto the sun visor
    • Connect it to your car radio with the FM transmitter and transmit your music and calls to your car stereo (A2DP)
    • Up to 14 hours talk time and up to 20 days standby time

DSCN2154.jpg
    DSCN2156.jpg
    DSCN2159.jpg
    DSCN2166.jpg
    DSCN2169.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Grandeur

My component speakers and rear JBL's oval speaker was not able to extract the best out of it. I was missing the sound I was looking for. So after a long debate with myself. I finally got over my emotion of not removing the original head unit from my car.

Well, the head unit with BT was not mandatory in my options now so I decided upon Pioneer head unit which has USB/AUX functionality. I also got it fitted Amp + SW.
    So here's the list of product installed in my car.

• Pioneer DEH-4350UB
      4350.jpg
    • JBL GT5-S396 (Parcel Tray)
      JBL-GT5-S396.jpg
    • JBL GT5-S204 (Rear Door)
      gt5.jpg
    • Blaupunkt Amp GTA 4 - Special Edition 2011 (760W)
      c_big10841142.jpg
    • Blaupunkt GTt 1200 SC Tube Subwoofer Speaker (700W)
      gtt1200.jpg

Though, the SubWoofer was a BIG NO NO in my wish list. But I couldn't resist the when I heard the sound while taking a demo of it. 700W woofer is more than enough to my ears... so I didn't even looked for most wanted - JBL's 1100W SW.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this is a good combo now. congrats.
  4. Grandeur

Before and After:

DSCN2186.jpg
    DSCN2211.jpg
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice set-up now.
    Somehow I feel you spoiled the looks, but I am sure better music is more important than looks.

I am more interested in Jabra Cruiser 2, looks useful.
    What is the cost, and how did you buy?
  6. Grandeur

I agree with you Ravi...and that's the debate I was having with myself since long. I was getting irritated while changing song's, album, settings etc...specially while driving. And above all the the sound was not that I wanted even after changing the set's of speakers. I have heard HUGE HUGE difference after having Pioneer on-board even before installing Amp. And now after Amp and Sub-woofer, it is just rocking and exactly the way I wanted.

Regarding Cruiser 2, this is the best device one could have on our GP's which are not Emotion Pack. I ordered it on e-bay.in for Rs 5K. It can pair two phones at a time along with address book. I personally wanted separate Bluetooth device so I could carry it even my other car's as well. There is one more edition of Cruiser which comes for Rs 3500 (approx) check this out: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...00-bluetooth-car-speakerphone&highlight=jabra.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Graunder

If we changed HU.
    Then we will miss features of Steering Mounted Audio Controls & Blue & Me. Isn't it ?
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  8. Grandeur

Yes, that's for Emotion pack owner. But not for Emotion and lower end models.
  9. Grandeur

Here's the rest of the pictures!

DSCN2189.jpg
    DSCN2190.jpg
    DSCN2199.jpg
    DSCN2202.jpg
    DSCN2204.jpg
    DSCN2213.jpg
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai