1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In Search Of Head Unit!!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Grandeur, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Thought you should know, DEH-6200BT is the old model. DEH-7350BT is the new one.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

OEM HU is just as good as any other brand.. I just ICE'd with Front Kicker Components and back Kicker Coax + JBL 800W AMP (4 Channel) + Velocity Subwoofer (Used) - total cost approx 25k

I have a Bose at home and this setup in the car is as good as the one at home (Nearly!!) and being a hatch its more than enuff to blow the window out at volume levels 8-10,... more than 11 you start feeling as thou you are on a trampoline...

These days you get a add on Mirror with Blue Tooth that is good enufff my friend has is in his Fiesta and its sufficing his needs.. so just check Reliance Auto Zone... he got that there and he said new ones have come in with more features.

3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Also check ebay or similar sites for AMP + Sub...it certainly makes a difference... today i got my Sub and its amazing...i just want to keep driving hearing to the music,.. *south indian stuff*
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm aware that DEH-7350BT is the latest one, but the only concern was Blue illumination and 6200 was offering not the orange but atleast the red. However, if Toronto 400 BT didn't strike much I might over look the illumination part. Thanks bro, for taking my attention again towards DEH-7350BT. :)
  5. Grandeur

Harish, my car is Emotionally Pack NOT Emotion Pack! ;)

Playing songs through BlackBerry or any phone is quite a risky affair and I have experienced it couple of time. All this time I was lucky but further I don't want to take any chance, there were many occasion that while playing music through phone (AUX Cable) a SMS and a call pause the songs and to play it again I have to take my attention off the road to play it again and that has brought me in situation, quite a sometime. Even taking call directly on phone while driving is not always easy.

That's the reason...I wanted to switch to fully equipped head unit.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

go for the latest 2010 series kenwood HU. DSP, time allignment, 5band equalisers , bluetooth, steering control interfaces etc. grab a good head unit. that will compliment the components, amp and sub upgrade later on.
  7. Grandeur

Well, after an extensive research over net, I finalized in between Blaupunkt Toronto 400BT or Pioneer 6250. So I reached the accessory shop and asked the owner to show me the head unit. The shop owner who has now become my friend has gone out of the way to show me how the head unit will actually look and sound like in my car.

I was not at all feeling comfortable when the original head unit was being taken out :(. I WAS FEELING BAD! Well by now... the other head unit was installed and I was ready to hear it for the first time. I was expecting some huge difference which actually didn't excited me by any of the head units. Kamraan (the shop owner) understood that I'm not enjoying...he suggested don't do the head unit change and just install the oval speakers on your parcel tray (since I already have Audible Dynamics component speakers in front). That combination will certainly make a difference in terms of sound output. I said, it's not only the head unit and sound difference I'm looking for I desperately wanted an Bluetooth feature in my car. I can live with AUX but not without Bluetooth.

So he suggested go with some external Bluetooth device, like; Jabra etc. I thought about it a little while and said I'll return next day. Reached office did some research on Jabra products and later ordered it over eBay. The device is Jabra Cruiser 2.

Today I went to his shop and got installed, JBL GT5-S396 on parcel tray. Believe me, I don't see any reason if someone still want to have sub-woofer in there car. It's ROCKING AWESOME!!!

However, thanks everyone for your suggestions. If I could not dare to change my head unit (for now) atleast someone else can be benefited out it. :)

A confession: I could not dare enough to change original head unit :( (atleast not until now)!

Jabra Cruiser 2

JBL GT5-S396

After Installation on parcel tray
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Grandeur. :)
    I was so sure that changing the stock looks won't be easy for you. That's why I suggested an amp in my first post and clearly talked of spoiling the integrated looks of the center console:

We are using JBL GT5-S396 in our old M800 and they sound like 2 subs plonked together.
    I did not want speakers on my parcel tray otherwise would have gone for these over JVC 4-way co-axials for the rear doors.

BTW, there is a Bluetooth interface device from Blaupunkt that adds bluetooth and USB port to Emotion variant's HU. I have started a thread regarding the same and those interested should check it out:

9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Grandeur: Amps and good speakers make a hell lot of difference. I guess you where suppose to get THA 555 Pnp? What happen to those plans?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

frankly speaking it totally depends on what extent you are serious about good music and till date what level of good music you have ever heard.

one can suffice with just the speaker change. one can suffice with putting on moderate speakers and moderate amp. then next level is very good component speakers and good sub and good amp. at this level things stop when it comes to OEM HU.

Frankly speaking you cannot even compare the OEM HU with basic aftermarket HU with 3 pre amp outs and subwoofer controls with HPF and LPF settings.

For me i had a good Pioneer HU with HPF, LPF, HI-mid-LOW, narrow-wide band, equalizers etc coupled to good components in front , the legendry JBL 75.4 amp which pumps out pure 284 watts RMS power and a GZ sub in my old car, it was nirvana for me.

now i upgraded ice in linea by putting in good components and the same amp and sub from my old car. and to my shock, nirvana became bulshit.
    the bass is muffled, the highs are extreme and mids are good (thankfully). culprit - the stock HU.

Proof - i just pulled RCA cables from my old cars HU to lineas amp in the boot. That is music was playing thru old cars HU and sound was coming from lineas speakers and sub.

Nirvana +1, was sounding so cool.

@cubbie - comparing BOSE home audio with stock HU+car audio is like comparing Mangoes with lemons :).

getting a good HU with DSP, time alignment etc will take you to such a level that you will never hear the stock system again.