1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In Rains and Mist - The Beautiful Kudremukh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the way to book Bhagavti nature camp?
    What other good options here.

Thinking to go there sometime.
    prashantmahant likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For budget accomodation - http://www.suprabharesidency.com/
    If you are fine with spending more - www.thangaali.com

Thangaali is very good in terms of location, ambience and food. This is where I stayed.
    Ravi likes this.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have started a conversation @ramjn. Not sure if you saw it. Whats is the way to PM you?
    Kudremukh is almost finalized. Need inputs from you all.

@ramjn. Hoping you see my message soon.

@TFIANS how can I PM anyone on the site. As I read in travelogues quite a few TFIANs have mentioned being connected with other members and have their numbers. How can I get phone numbers of other members? It feel great to know that a fellow FIATIAN is just a call away for help in case required
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nibedk Conversation is PM (personal message). You can share your phone numbers with conversation.
    The other information should be shared on forum itself, so that others can also participate.
    When are you planning to visit? Please do share your experience as well, I am also thinking so visit sometime.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I just saw your message. :)

For accommodation, it is always better to book in advance before you go there. Why take risks? Look at the posts above for the options. I stayed at Thangaali and I liked it.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi The trip is planned 2nd-5th Oct. Will surely put the travelouge once I am back.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014 ---
    I have booked @ Suprabha residency .No payment though. The guy told I can just walk in and pay on the day of check in. Just that in case I cancel I have to let him know beforehand.

What are the places that are not to be missed ? I will have two full days there.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @ramjn. Based on your recommendation, booked room at Thangaali.
    Will be going on 27th to 29th Oct., after Diwali.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Unfortunately Thangaali was completely booked during the long weekend I travelled.

Just one advice @Ravi. Please start early and be @ the place before 8:00 p.m. Mostly these roads are ghat roads along tea estates.

I found most of them to be completely empty after 8:00 clock @ some place there is absolutely no network connectivity. Its pretty easy to lose way and without GPS one has to keep travelling till a soul is found.

It happened to us twice and we reached after 11:00 p.m on both the occasions. The locals there were pretty helpful otherwise but they also had the same opinion that its better to be get in early as in case of any breakdown it will be difficult to get help and with no connectivity at some places it can get very stressful especially with family.Besides snakes can be found in plenty and I saw as many as 7 on roads in the 2 days I was there. We saw foxes/jackals as well. Not sure what they were. They weren't wolves as they seemed smaller in size and weren't dogs as well becasue of their body language/behavior. They seemed very shy and went into the woods as soon as I stopped my car.

Start early as the foggy atmosphere makes it very enjoyable though visibity is very bad and get in early.
    nkrishnap and Ravi like this.