1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In Rains and Mist - The Beautiful Kudremukh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did meet. We actually started back together too. From my conversation, they didn't seem to be a fan of cars or Fiats. So, didn't talk about TFI.

Definitely. Karnataka is in my Radar now. I would wish to cover most places in the coming months.
  2. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    to tell the truth,i had never heard of kudremukh national park before this thread!! :eek: but thanks to ramjin and puntostat, i am now fascinated by this place..and wish to go there sometime!! thanks again!! :clap
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    From pics of dam it looks like u did not get a chance to walk on the dam itself..where the view is just stunning...(360 degree)..

So posting pic below from top of dam.

LakyaDam1.JPG

Also more info on dam:
    1.Around July /august some water does get collected in dam due to heavy rain and stays on top of sludge..
    2.During drier months some areas with sludge go dry & become hard...and in such places lot of film shooting take place..

Whenever I go to Kudremukh I stay in Bhagavti nature camp run by Karnataka forest dept...its THE best place to stay & cheap & very very clean with a natural swimming pool beside it..

I did not suggest this to u @ramjn because it takes lot of effort & time to get a booking there...

Have a look at the route to camp below..

camp1.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol..!! Trip, trip & trip. Man what about your part-time work, i mean job we do for our living. Hope you go to work on weekends sometime:mrgreen:
    You are obsessed with nature Ram, like cliffs, valleys, plants, animals. Not many people feel like that.
    I do like such places but feel very lazy too so prefer watching pics & imagining myself there:A
    your case is class, I feel comic character Tarzan was inspired from you. Only difference he used trees for commutation while you are using Linea:shock:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    8 people like this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is this Nature camp located between Kudremukh and the Hanuman gundi falls? I am asking this because, I did see the sign board on this Nature Camp on my way to Hanuman gundi falls.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes exactly..thats the one..!!
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fortunately, we did not face any bite from the leeches.
    Even though the roads were rough at times, I did not scrape even once in this whole trip.
    No Sun. I did not have plan to post the route map. I am doing it on your request :). From Bangalore, I took the route Bangalore-Kunigal-Channarayapattana-Hassan-Belur-Mudigere-Kalasa-Kudremukh

Route.jpg

We started our Return journey at 10.30 am on Sunday. I took the same route as the onward journey. We took a tea break and lunch break at Channarayapatna and for Dinner, I was at Sriperumbudur. Finally, we reached home at 11 pm.

Totally, I drove for 1475 kms with FE of 19.1. For the return drive, the FE was 19.3.

Unfortunately, I have lost all the remaining photos and videos as I just noticed that my memory card is totally corrupted. :(. I couldn't share more because of this reason. But, I would not mind much as I may visit again to this place.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The last lines give happiness and sadness. Sadness because we miss the chance to see more photos and happiness that we may get another chance to see fresh photos of your next trip:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    wow,amazing unplanned trip!!!

when sathya_sc informed ramjn about his engine bed-in trip of his XUV5oo about 2000km.

pulled all the strings out of his heart,

enjoy madi!!!
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Here are some videos shot from the place where we stayed.

3 people like this.