1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In my 25 year long driving history, I met a 'Beauty with brain', the Linea 1.3 MJD...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Tellmepleaze, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Time-strapped I am, never attempted to start a Travelogue or Ownership review, fearing cannot do justice to readers in a course of hurried writing, spelling mistakes and grammar. But i have the feeling, that if I didnt write something on my latest car Linea, I am not doing justice to her.
    Yes, I prefer to call 'her', not he or him, obviously.

My friend who got a Scorpio says he opt it since Scorpio is masculine. But I decided not go for it: I am already called an over-speeder by wify, even at 70 kms at fairly good roads. (but surprisingly daughters enjoy speed..:steering). With a so-called 'masculine vehicle' I may become unleashed.

Driving history started some time in 1985/6 with an Ind-Suzuki.
    You know what is special about this bike?
    This is the first MODERN BIKE in India, pushing aside Jawas, Rajdoots, Enfields, (and what was Charles Shobraj's famous 350 cc bike on which he escaped Police many times?), Bajaj Chetak(this petrol-guzzler is the all-time King of scooters in India), and the famous 'Bobby' bike of Prem Chopra of " Prem naam hai mera, Prem Chopra" dialogue-fame villain. (Salute to him, may the soul rest in peace. He, the 'smiling villain' re-written villainy in Indian Cinema).

Ind suzuki wiped all of them to shade as the 'New 'foren' boy' on the block. Astonishingly stylish to Indian monotony of 'two wheelers', great pick-up, very good mileage, a different sound....everything new and stylish. The ‘double cradle’ effect also was new to India.
    The only survived two wheeler is Bullet.

I had to wait two years to make enough money for one the first bike Ind Suzuki, if correct I paid some Rs. 12000/- then, big money.
    Used it for some 6 years, sold for 11000 ! The all-Jap bike was in immaculate condition after fervent use.

It was replaced with the then latest boy, Hero Honda CD Deluxe @35000, with which I met with a near-fatal accident that made me bade goodbye to bikes in my life....I will explain in next page.

Thus goes my driving history. I may turn a few more pages to reach Linea.
    (Hope I am not boring you youngsters...):D
    9 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good start. I like the phrase "Beauty with brain" for Linea. When heart of driver join with beauty and brain the machine gets life. Fiat cars are not just machines they are cars with full of life.Waiting for the remaining part.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Beauty with brain is indeed very much an apt title for Linea. Congrats on the car TMP.

To comment about the Scorpio, it can never do high speeds that Linea can do with ease. Just to clarify here :).
    1 person likes this.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Did you mean Prem Chopra or His Villlain act !! He is still doing movies with Dialog Mera Naam Hai Prem..Prem Chopra :)
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to TFI... Nice intro...

Correct me if i'm wrong.. but Suzuki and Yamaha were the bikes that killed the big CC engines.. :-( still haven't caught up..
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Lion is roaring ...
    Your post is making me think about your linea, somewhere hiding behind the curtains :) with an 1985/6 bollywood model :D
    Nice write-up...
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That is the greatness of FIAT. You can't stop resisting from what you want to. Just, you are unleashed!
    Nice post.
  8. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks sungoa2010, ramjn, SoumenPaul, thomman85, Ganges, mvb4u for the good words.
    I will continue as time permits.

I wish I could say I meant 'his villain act', so that I dont need to admit I made a big blunder, with Amrish Puri saheb in my subconscious !! :uh

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Correct, they finished an era of few superstars like Yezdi(The cannonball sound is still echoing in my mind...) Enfield classic and many more.
    But the Japs were need of the time. They were sleek, lightweight, with lean engines, sturdy, stylish and above all very fuel efficient. They were available, no much booking time.
    The old ones were fat engines just like made by a blacksmith by beating metals ! So heavy and fuel-guzzling. Not every small guy could afford and maintain one.

But that was an era: the License Raj...

Now what will replace them will be 1000+CC real Super-bikes Ducati, Aprilia, Harley, Hondas...and all.
  9. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    I mentioned ab out an accident, after surviving i abandoned bike driving and bought my first 'car', a Maruti Omni. For the help of Bike users I will explain how an accident can happen, even if you drive judiciously, by the opposite driver's misjudgement: I was overtaking a car, seeing another bike is coming enough far. In normally wide road, you will be on the other half while overtaking. Even though there is enough space on his left to pass on, the incoming biker turned to right thinking I may hit him! He happened to be in front of me and the car, I have no way to turn right last minute, lost control, falling and skidding about 10 feet. Th car zoomed just between both of us thro center of the road.

THE HELMET ALONE SAVED ME ! I had this habit of wearing helmet even those days.
    Later it is proven the guy passed driving test the other day and on the road with his new bike. He was apologizing me profoundly. Both bikes damaged.
    I developed allergic to bike riding, even pillion riding, bought the Omni, a new experience for Indian car scene, then. Rs. 115000/- was the price.

Oh, it is about the Linea I am supposed to write !!
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Before starting a sacred event(Linea story) an Om chanting is good. So your Omni has done it.;)
    1 person likes this.