1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In market looking for new car...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by renjithrt, Oct 4, 2013.

1. renjithrt

renjithrt Timido

Mysore
    Sorry guys forgot to put the price range.Its about 9L max.
    @theblack. skoda laura is nowhere i can imagine my budget and i am looking primarily diesel...
    Punto 90 HP i need to take a long TD.i Will keep you posted.
    Thanks for the replies guys.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    If you love 90hp then buy it or else take a test drive of T-Jet too.Punto Evo will be launched in second half of 2014 so its too late to wait for that car.Due to new model coming in current Punto's spares availability wont be affected.In 9L budget you can 90hp easily with more discounts & offers.Punto 90hp is impressive to drive like Linea.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Think of the Polo GT TDI as well :)
    2 people like this.
  4. renjithrt

renjithrt Timido

Mysore
    I have taken a test drive of punto 76bhp and swift yesterday and found punto's engine very refined.Couldnt get to drive punto 90BHP as it was not available.
    Not sure how much 90HP betters in punto 76.I like punto better than swift.The swift test vehicle was pretty old and dint find it dat good.I could feel all the bad patches of the road inside the cabin.May be its because of the old vehicle.
    Is dat true or because of the old vehicle.
    One question about the punto.How is it to drive in city.My concern is the turning radius,so the parking in tight areas will be difficult or what?.

One more thing i must say.Now i actually realise whats so special in fiat.So congrats to all owners who owns the FIAT.

Do i need to wait for the diwali offer?.The sales executive had told me there wont be any other offer till december.Please giude me guys.

@akshay:polo GT TDI is too costly and i am little worried about the service cost of a VW.So not considering it (tough decision but vitamin M is a factor )
    1 person likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Punto is the car waiting for you to take home. Once you drive Fiat your heart wonts listen to others....
    Yeah you might get a good discount in Dec, Even i took the car on 24th Dec and registered it on 10 Jan.
    Check the Mfg date of the Car while doing the PDI and inform the dealer that the car should not be in a neary by month,Mine was Dec Mfg (Lucky)
  6. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    I would also suggest a T-Jet (Linea). This is currently the best drivers car from FIAT's stable in India. Did you take a test drive of T-Jet?
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    There's hardly any major difference in the 75 and 90HP Punto as far as city driving is concerned. But on highways, 90HP is a altogether different performance. Even in city driving the Punto feels solid with good ride and handling. I never felt any issues with the turning radius, I have parked in many a tight spots with relative ease.

Fiat will surely come up with offers during Diwali, SA is bluffing. In you case since Kars in Mysore is relatively newer dealership, the discounts must be bit less. Nevertheless you can try negotiating.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@renjithrt: Not sure how the 90HP betters the 75HP? Take it to an open stretch and floor the throttle in 2, 3, 4 gears. 75HP feels dead after 2500 rpm whereas 90HP s fun starts there. If you frequent the highways go for the 90. Else stick to 75.

@ghodlur: Sorry mate, but I disagree to the statement that both are similar to drive withithe city, especially b2b traffic, as a Punto 75 and 90 user. :) 75HP is much better within city, has lesser turbo lag and better drivability.
    1 person likes this.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Swift is peppy due to FGT where as Punto uses VGT in its 90HP engine. Its real fun starts post 2.5K RPM as mentioned by DRIV3R

At 9L you cannot get a T-jet. Also, why diesel is a focus area for you. I believe you have to get your maths right before a decision. My take would be if you are driving at least 15K per year then it makes some sense for an OIL burner.

Want to check out for yourself - try my XLS that I had posted way back when I started my ownership thread here. This should help you to decide.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@livelyyoungman: Even T Jet Active won't fit in the 9L bracket? I was and am under the impression that it will. :)