1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In market looking for new car...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by renjithrt, Oct 4, 2013.

1. renjithrt

renjithrt Timido

HI All,

I am Renjith. I am looking for a fun to drive car.
    I am a big fan of fiat ever since i have driven Linea (both petrol and diesel).So straight to the point, guys please help me to choose a good car.
    My requirement
    1.Drivers car
    2.Good for long distance travel and also good in mileage.
    3.Monthly commute invloves around 1100-1200kms.

Based on that i am looking for 1)Grande Punto 90HP 2)Honda Amaze 3)Ecosport 4)Swift.

1)Grande Punto
    Pros:Good looking,good on ride and handling,cant comment much cos i have driven it long back when it was launched.
    i have driven linea on quite a few occasions and i am impressed with linea. So i am hoping its the same with punto.

Cons:Already in market for 4 years and next year new model is coming.Will that afffect the availablity of spares?.
    The new model Evo is a stunner.So not able to decide my decision to go for punto now or wait for some more time.I am not sure, do i need to still wait or go for the punto 90HP.?.

2)Honda Amaze.
    Pros: Honda's reliability,good engine and gear shift,spacious,VFM.

Cons:Dull interior, not sure its a drivers car or not(i may be completely wrong).

Pros: Slightly SUV style,New design in the market
    I liked the drive in an ecosport but not sure it is stable at higher speed.
    Cons:Long waiting period,Slighlty higher in price compared to others in the list.

Pros:peppy engine,good drivers car.
    Cons:Small boot space.

I am looking at high spec models in all these cars because of the safety reasons.

I am very much inclined towards FIAT:):):).
    The new punto evo is one thing which stops me for going towards grande punto. So guys any idea when is the new punto coming?.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

If you really want a fiat then Tjet is going to be the one for you.
    But you've not specified on your price range either.

Since there is no price you've put, i'm going to say pick up the skoda laura if you can.Its still a beast of a machine on the road
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you already know pros and cons of all shortlisted cars.

Do take a test drive of Punto 90HP, for long distance. I hope you will like it over others.

Punto new model is far away, around a year or so. So waiting for that should not be an option.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    If you are particular about Diesels, my pick would be Punto 90.

From your list, do not expect good steering from both Ecosport & Amaze. Forget about it.
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    @Renjithrt: I have driven all 4 of them and I feel Linea / Punto is best among them when it comes to road behavior and handling capabilities. Look at the FIAT future plans thread here and decide your purchase based upon your urgency level and budget whether you want to wait for some more time or want to go with currently available models. As per your concern for parts availability of Punto, I would say don't worry about it as there are still lot of future left for these cars. At least that is what I feel.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Good steering !! :evilsmile
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Here you have only 2 options for drivers car. Punto 90HP or T-Jet :)

Close your eyes and book any based on your budget and requirement.
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Three current hot sellers and one genuine driving machine in your list.

Drivers car is one of the parameters you are looking at I believe which will automatically put ecosport and amaze out of equation.

Since you are looking at top end versions, both Swift and Punto are very good. Grip levels are the same. Punto is stable and has better ride quality. Swift is very agile and has amazing gear shifts.

Punto has a very direct steering with good feedback and Swift has very quick steering which weighs up sufficiently at high speeds.

Even I was in same dilemma but then build quality and looks of Punto made it a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I double that! Punto 90hp all the way!

Spot on!
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    As you're looking for a FTD car, you can happily rule out Amaze and Ecosport. So that leaves you with just Punto 90hp and Swift.

The Punto 90hp has always been the same; Let that be the 2012 or 2013 model, so you won't find any difference if you TD the newer model now; it's always been one of ''the best''! If you're in for a Diesel Hatchback, it's Punto 90hp all the way!

Coming to the Swift, if you do a back to back TD of Swift diesel & 90hp, you would find what Fiat's MULTIJET is all about. You might 'feel' the ddis to be peppy; but in reality it's really not. Refinement is no where to that of Punto MJD's.

But, the Swift's 'K-series', petrol motor, is a different breed; a free-revving, highly refined motor, that offers you both performance as well as very good mileage. The high end ZXI variant is good in features too. & maintenance cost of 1.2K series must be really low, as I paid nothing for the first service. Can't really comment on the longer run though.

Punto EVO, don't expect it to be launched any time soon. If you really love the 90hp, just go with it. What you might find different in the EVO could be the futuristic interiors; feature-wise, expect it to carry the same, may be one or two more additional features could find it's way! And yes, EVO might get the multi jet-II.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013