1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In Love with Italian Beauty Punto 1.3MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Karthick, May 29, 2014.

1. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Hi All,

I am happy to share you that i am getting my new Fiat Punto 1.3MJD Dynamic version by next week:dance.
    I am feeling very exited as this is my first new car after a quiet long research:wow there were many cars in my list after doing TD Swift, i20, grand I0 etc... Finally i fell in love with Punto:cool: after TD'd her.

I am Very desperate to see my new car by this weekend:grin:, So i am about to do my PDI , guys could please advise me on my doubts:confused.

1. For doing PDI Should i have to visit the Punto stock Yard or Doing PDI at showroom(advised by dealer that he will bring the vehicle for PDI before REG) is fine.

2. I believe there wont be any concerns in new car while PDI, while doing PDI if i find anything not satisfying, not working, damage etc....is it possible to change another car?

3. Things i should look before i get the car delivered.

4. I would like to have 3M Sun film and Car scratch resistance sticker where it is available and what would be the cost?
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Karthick.
    You can do PDI at any place, have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html.
    For minor issues, dealer will fix those.
    If you find any major issue, ask for new car, if you have not done the full payment.
    PDI is the thing to take care. Nothing else. Make sure you collect all the documents like Insurance, RSA, Manuals etc.
    Sun film is illegal, so be careful to put the film.
    What is car scratch resistance stickers??
  3. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Karthick,

Heartiest congratulions on booking the Punto. To answer your queries:
    1) I am of the opinion you should do a mini PDI at the stock yard to cross check the VIN provided to you by the dealer. Check the car for any external & internal integrity (no scratches, dents, paint loss etc), check the odo readings, check tyre status - do they look new or worn out etc. If you find any issue with the car alloted, you can ask the dealer to provide a different one and this is the only chance to do that coz once you car goes to registration dealer wont entertain any change requests. Once the car is ready for deliver you can do the full PDI, format for which Ravi has already posted. Its an exhaustive one so do plan your time accordingly. Do the PDI is broad daylight as most dealers have a tendency to deliver the car in the evenings.
    2) Refer to point no 1 above.
    3) Refer to the PDI check list plus whatever accessories you have opted for. Check whether the variant features as advertised are provided by dealer.
    4) Sun films are no longer allowed, you can opt for other sun protection like the sun screens(foldable). By car scratch resistant sticker are you meaning the lamination? If so dont opt for it. Instead go for paint treatment if you have chosen the dar colour on the Punto. If not then no need of it too.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After making full payment, you are on mercy of dealer.
    However, don't worry much, first check your car, hopefully no issue will be there in New Linea.

Its Road Side Assistance, check this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...t-breakdown-road-side-assistance-service.html
    If you put this film to whole car, this might cost you a bomb. Not worth it.

Just get 3M paint protection waxing done (if you want), will cost cost you ~3-4K.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Hi karthick, U have raised a valid point that after making full payment one can't do much with Dealer.

So wants to know what is the ideal way of making the payments.
  7. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Hi Vikas,

Payment mode differs from each and every one according to their situation, once we booked we cannot hold our cash for long. i am not sure about other showrooms, in my case the sale person told very clearly that once they receive full payment from us they will release the vehicle.

So once we settle the cash respective team will progress it to next level.
  8. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Dear Friends,

Finally Italian Beauty has arrived!!:dance i wish to share some snaps by the of delivery :car

The Car look so muscular and pretty i am very happy for PUNTO

WP_20140603_003[1].jpg
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation on arrival of the beauty.. Have many many happy miles with this stallion...
  10. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Hi Friends,

Thanks for you wishes!! :)

I would like bring this to your notice, have a look at the photos and provide me your advice what could be the reason.:confused:

My Punto is 5 months old found Rust:arghh: at engine bay and some white liquids in aluminum pillars.:(

WP_20141021_001.jpg

WP_20141021_003.jpg