1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In hot sun and sticky sweat : Jaunting to pool @Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Sep 25, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The plan was getting fixed and postponed due to the non-availability of the folks or for a lengthy discussions. Its true that too much of a discussions will not lead to any conclusion than a vicious circles.

Finally 3 of us decided enough is enough, just hit the beaches. A thought lingered in our mind on discussions that its a rainy season in Podi and what fun we would have it. Postponing again for this reason looks pointless as none of us had experienced the pondi in rainy seasons. Nevertheless pushed ourselves to make this happen.

Routes:
    Onward -> BLR > Vellore > Kanchi > Pondicherry

Backward -> Took the route as shown below. Till vellor from Tindivanam, the road is horrible. By mistake we took this one and it set us back by atleast 3 hours delay.
    0841a51c_o.png

Places visited :
    c74abf7a_o.png

Fuel: 4K Diesel and got 21Kmpl. Wished for a bit more though. Did tried to drive constantly @80 to achieve 23-24 with no AC, 3 people inside and half tank full. No result :(

Let the pics speak ;)

This place serves good food with off the charts beer. Its a roof top resto with good ambiance and next to ocean.
    IMAG1153.jpg
    10494429_688565607879705_918561903486125636_o.jpg

The lasagne @La Cafe at the pondi main beach is really great and finger licking tasty. Absolutely loved it. IMAG1392.jpg

1233175_688565244546408_3208710859045438605_o.jpg

Left most Saree bought at : SSK handloom world, sangusapet street, csi hospital, kanchipuram.
    Quality and price is really nice. These guys has inhouse saree weaving facility who as well supply for the major stores like Parkash or Babu Shah.
    IMAG1090.jpg

Hotel Details:
    Anandha inn -> http://www.anandhainn.com/
    Booked via Cleartrip (use a mobile app for good offers) which cost us ~3K/Night for 3 people.
    This hotel is around 2Km away from the beach. The room ambiance, cleanliness is really good.
    The wifi in the hotel sucked. Out of 3 mobile devices, it worked only one one, though we clarified the problem with the hotel front desk still no much help.
    The TV channels were only full of tamil channels except 3-4 others, some thing which was not comfortable to watch TV at all to us.
    The amenities were good. Breakfast was good and tasty as well.
    IMG_20140922_094224.jpg IMG_20140921_102235.jpg IMG_20140920_192146.jpg

Paradise and Auroville Beach:
    PANO_20140921_115905.jpg IMAG1333.jpg IMAG1187.jpg

Kanchipuram:
    IMG_20140920_080001.jpg IMG_20140920_094638.jpg

il mio amore:
    IMG_20140920_175701.jpg IMG_20140920_175554.jpg IMG_20140920_143316.jpg IMAG1404.jpg

Auroville: A very nice serene place. Loved it. Entrance to the sphere is allowed to folks who book it 2 days earlier from the visit day. Nevertheless the outside environment is really good.
    IMAG1329_BURST002_COVER.jpg

Apart from the above, would like to report two incidents encountered:

Two incidents would like to share with you all during last weekend Pondi trip.

1. Tuesday early morning was returning from a trip (pondi) and it was around 1 AM or so. Before the Hosur Jn toll gate (around 5-6 kms), i noticed an idiot throwing a handful sized stone on to the highway. Though i was on a slow speed could notice this guy doing it and slowed down safely and yelled at him. In the dark, he looked like local lorry cleaner or a nearby village guy.
    Felt disgusted by this guys behavior of throwing stones. Did noticed few others stones even way before this spot. Looks like there are some lousy gang behind this who wish to hurt travelers and thus make use of the situation. Did not see any police further to report this incident.

2. Do not carry the KA alcohol towards the TN border, the prohibition check post police is strictly monitoring the border and the fine (as bribe) could go upto 10K/car.

Beware folks.

Thanks for reading through and Safe journey to all :)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When I went last year, the roads were good throughout, same route.

Lovely pictures, this one is superb.
    img_20140920_175701-jpg.72210
    zenwalker likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well its really horrible now that I had to drive in 40 speed with zig zag mod.
    Thanks BTW.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Who is this Madam Shante ? And why does she love you and need you forever ? :)
    zenwalker likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    That was the restaurant near beach. Even we were surprised to this board and as you said we too were wonderijg if those words would get real or not. Sadly it didn't :(
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Shame on me that i forgot to mention the cute lil friend i met on the highway after vellor @tea shop.
    Always a pleasant feeling to meet such fellows. With a packet of biscuit and omlet said good bye to my old friend :D
    IMAG1412.jpg
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    HI Zen,
    you could have taken
    Bangalore - > thanipadi -> tiruvannmalai -> tindivanam -> pondicherry
    As awesome route, i did till tiruvannamalai last week will post some pics.
    You can even cover the tiruvannamalai temple