1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

in desperate need of steering mounted controls

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by harryaviator, Apr 29, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    sure thing! U are a saviour!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I have a feeling that Bluepower HU won't need third party steering control adapter interface it would use the factory wiring which is not available in your car, try getting it from a wrecked car.
    Please confirm it with Bluepower if their HU needs thirdy party adapter interface or not before buying the interface.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    stuck in Kochi.. no place for a wrecked car in this place.. if it were mumbai/ delhi or hyderabad, I would have managed it.. will appreciate it if someone can guide me to some wrecked ones or a place from where I can source the Factory wiring..pls

had called up/ mailed bluepower.. they said, no adapter/interface required..However, keeping all options open..
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I don't mean to be a party pooper, but why do you want that Bluepower thingy when you already got JVC R90 with you. The SQ will surely be compromised with this Blue power HU. I had the JVC Arsenal 925-BT connected via the connects2 kit and then I switched to Pioneer DEH-80PRS last year.

With the money you are blowing on the Blue power HU, you could easily get the best budget audiophile unit in the Pioneer I mentioned above.

Oh and yes I agree with Vijay_khasa, you shouldn't need an aftermarket adapter with this blue power HU.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    incase this experiment turns out to be successful, the JVC unit(which was and is doing its job perfectly well, until the bug/keeda got the better off me) will be up for grabs at dirt cheap prices.. Blue power is the official ICE supplier for Volvo european versions.. Just shooting off the hip here and going by the gut feeling..
    did not want a carputer.. wanted an in-dash system which did not look aftermarket..

keeping fingers crossed..
    @nkapoor777 - even I had such thoughts before i went for this.. hoping that it turns out to be half as decent as the JVC
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Why is the Vat excluded?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    kaput! cancelled and payment refunded - said" we are updating the product and currently none in stock" will get back to you on the new version being available.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Blessing in disguise if you ask me. Go get the pioneer 80prs, pair it with the connects2 adapter and enjoy the sound. Cheers!
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Me thinks they import the units from CHINA, rebrand it and sell it at a profit.

Their updated version would probably be this one ==> LINK
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Harryaviator,

For your commendable efforts to retrofit steering control in the car, atleast buy a good ICE that has some quality DAC processors. A single din that is compatible to the connects2 should do the job. Best to stay away from the touch screen things, which are cool to use only when the car is at signal or parked; otherwise more a driving hazard IMHO.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014