1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

in desperate need of steering mounted controls

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by harryaviator, Apr 29, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    I have a fiat linea emotion 2011 version, the ones without steering mounted controls. I was badly bitten by the steering mounted controls that I wanted one desperatels, the OEM ones with an aftermarket ICE. For starters, i will point out how I went about it..

Step 1

Got hold of a linea steering wheel with steering mounted controls from Hyderabad. The place where they break cars that have been classified as total loss by the insurance companies;)

Step 2

Replaced the existing wheel with the one having the steering mounted controls. Had to change my combination switch to the emotion pack one as it required the rotary hub at the base of the combi switch to make the controls work:confused1:confused1 :confused:

Step 3

the horn pad of the emotion variant couldnot be fitted back, as the wheel needed the hornpad with an air bag:oops::oops::(.. Not being a quitter and having come this far, decided to get one of that too..:eek::eek:

Step 4

changed the ICE to JVC KD 90BT, the best single din on offer, steering mounted control ready. got a JVC interface too.

Step 5

tried every single place from mumbai and Kochi to get the ICE and steering mounted controls connected with a harness, But badly failed in getting this.

is there anyone who can give me a solution on how to go about it?
    Fiat OEM Harness coming close to 10K... is there any connector that can do the job?
    Please help me.. desperately in need of steering controls to work.

Pending steps

getting this online. Bluepower - 5" Fiat Grande Punto Custom Headunit

if anyone has any previous experience with this unit and any idea about the import duties, please guide me the right way, even though it is the harder one! please...
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Connects2 adapter is what u need. Check Italia-linea's thread for details.

Where in Hyderabad is this place?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    thanks a ton for the guidance. Can you please provide me with a link for the same?

Afzalgunj is the place where you get all sorts of car parts you can imagine in Hyderabad. Used to frequent that place for my Palio. anything and everything is gettable there.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And is the connects2 adapter snap on to the steering mounted controls lead?
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes it is. Have been using the adapter model number CTSFA004IN for the last Two years in my Tjet.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Here's a snap.

uploadfromtaptalk1398822731953.jpg
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Oh OK, I know about spares in afzalganj but didn't know one can get steerings of new cars.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    gonna get connects2 adapter and the original wiring harness of the emotion pack..
    looks like, this craze of steering mounted controls is gonna suck vitamin M off me.. no futher updates on my system..
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Haha. The ICE bug is very dangerous, no escaping that. Another pic of the adapter

uploadfromtaptalk1399054574327.jpg
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    thanks again.. requesting address of the place in bangalore from where I can source it please.. planning a trip to bangalore this weekend exclusively for this.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Untitled.jpg

coming soon.. thought a 10000 times before placing the order.. heart over head as always!
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    PM sent with address and contact numbers. Hope it helps.
    Last edited: May 2, 2014