1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

IN CAR DVR with LCD screen - A Good Idea ?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Raj21, Sep 16, 2011.

  1. Raj21

    Raj21 Novizio

    Messages:
    35
    Secunderabad
  2. Viny

    Viny Esperto

    Messages:
    1,742
    :)
    A highway petrol using the same could be logical, most of us do have camera which in general comes with good video recording solutions, in case you want to record the beauty of a highway, just place the same on your dashboard and enjoy. Why to invest unnecessarily in a gizmo that would be of seldom use and using away the precious windscreen space.
  3. PaddleShifter

    PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    2,697
    Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI member RoyJ has a car DVR mounted just behind the inside rear view mirror (IRVM). I think the real utility of this thing is that it can record what's happening in the front (of course thats what it does) so it can capture any scary situation that arises because of the fault of someone else, like a cyclist/biker changing lane suddenly without warning.
  4. royj

    royj Esperto

    Messages:
    1,306
    Trivandrum
    ^^ That is right.. I have been using on of these for more than a year now. I use an older version standard definition one and it is useful like a security camera. That is 99.9% of the time it records, you won't bother looking at the contents, but the other 0.1% you will be really happy that you had that thing with you.

    My Car DVR thread

    You can check out some of the videos I have below:

    One of the first video captured (boring)

    Night time version

    This was the first time my ABS kicked in

    During heavy rains

    Driving through a foot deep water


    You can buy it from 20 North
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. Raj21

    Raj21 Novizio

    Messages:
    35
    Secunderabad
    @RoyJ Many thanks for sharing such details. Can you let us know where you got this from ? if it was just online and overseas , any hurdles faced etc ?
  6. vj_v1

    vj_v1 Superiore

    Messages:
    933
    Hyderabad
  7. Grandeur

    Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

    This is what I did it in my car. Got FoneM8 from Amazon UK.

    Samsung S2 Car Holder
    Fone8.jpg

    And here what I did with it... ;)

  8. Viny

    Viny Esperto

    Messages:
    1,742
    :)
    smart guy using smart phone smartly :)
  9. royj

    royj Esperto

    Messages:
    1,306
    Trivandrum
    Sandeep, that was cool.

    By the way I believe the U2 track was edited in.
  10. Sandeep, the video quality is very good, nice and simple workaround for the DVR.

Share This Page