1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In a fit.. Help me out!

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by cliffhanger, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Normally when you pay through cheque, the receipt you get would have something like "...this is valid only ofter cheque is cleared...".
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Stop payment won't give rise to a legal problem. It's your cheque and you have the right to it till it is encashed
  3. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Why don't you give a written request to TATA AIG to cancel the insurance and get your cheque back.
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

I know this is OT, but can you share reasons why you plan to sell the Punto? Is this because you are not happy with it??

5. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

Here is an update.

Yesterday I called up the AIG rep who collected the cheque, and requested him, in fact pleaded him to not submit the cheque to his supervisor and instead return it to me. My mom too had made a call to him before I did. This is what he had to say,

"Sir, When I was in your home, your mother treated me with a cup of coffee. I felt like having the coffee from my mother. And when she called me over the phone I kind of felt bad that I did not return the cheque to you. Tell me sir, where should I return the cheque."

It's been a long time since I heard people appreciating human values. So after giving him the details I ended the call happily .

Today morning, the BA rep came to my home. He greeted me warmly and gave updates on his professional and personal front. As I started filling the cheque he started explaining the policy. Just when I was about to put my signature, he informs me that because of my history of claims I have to pay a fee of Rs.2500 for any claim that I make here on. It ended there. I realized that I had made a mistake by not handling the entire episode professionally.
    I didn't sign the cheque. I told him I have to rethink and hence will get back by evening.

A little while before making this post, I called him and asked him to courrier back the cheque. Also, I called the AIG rep to come home and collect the new cheque tomorrow.

It's just a personal decision. However, I have to admit that I was really infuriated by TASS. No matter whatever escalations I do, I never found anyone who properly co-ordinated with me to solve the issues. I strongly believe that TASS are miserably inept to handle Punto and Linea. Even for some cosmetic troubles, I just get workarounds from TASS. They point you to Indicas and Indigos and make you believe that living with problems is the easiest thing you can do.

I just don't want to blame Tata alone. Fiat too has to take some of the blame. My car has done over 22000km now and almost all of the kilometers were driven by me. At about 17k mark, I had an issue with the gear shift. The gear shifts became hard and slotting into 5th gear took a lot of effort. As I said earlier, the TASS didn't fix it, instead they did a workaround by doing clutch bleeding. Now the problem has resurfaced and it's been a week. You would have already guessed what my mind would be thinking now. So there it is, Fiat comprised big time on quality in certain parts. Though they are only very few, it sometimes questions the faith in the brand. And being a sucker for quality I'm, I feel really disappointed. Imagine what would have happened to the gear box if everybody in my family had used this car.

I will come back to Fiat family again, but only when they setup their own service center and when their products reek quality in all departments.
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Thanks cliffhanger for sharing this! Why Fiat why??????