1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

In a big time dilemma of buying a Punto MJD. Need some help.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by iFiator, May 20, 2014.

1. iFiator

iFiator Timido

india
    hello,

I wanted to buy a new car, so i called up the fiat dealer in my neighborhood, which was opened a month ago. The drive quality is just mesmerizing. The pleasure of driving is absolutely unmatched in this segment. The SP told me about an unbeatable offer on punto. i am getting a discount of 1.1Lakh in exchange of my good ol fiat uno 1.7ELX(3.5lakh ODO) , which is in working condition whose market value is 40k. So, net price would be 7Lakh.

I wanted to know about its maintenance, so i checked it out on TFI and i was shocked to see that overall maintenance cost is way way to high than what i had expected. I also own a figo, whose maintenance cost worked out to be cheaper by 30% than punto's .

I want to know, after considering the discount and the additional service cost, will it work out to be a good deal?
  2. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Dont worry buy punto just purchase linea classic + mjd 1.3, on 15 april always service your fiat at authorise service centre
    Active mpdel cost is too good technically fiat is best car

I love Fiat
  3. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Now they are very aggressive for indian market in ahmedabad they will start number 1 rank service centre i am sure in near future people understand resale value of fiat

I love Fiat
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    How is the maintenance of punto expensive than figo. Can u please posts some details so that we can do some postmortem?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont think Punto is that expensive to maintain..
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ifiator

I guess you are over nervous with the cost of maintaining the Punto. Which car offers the maintenance interval matching the Punto's? Which customer support is so customer centric when it comes to maintanence issues when compared to Punto? I think you should stop worrying about the maintenance expenses and start enjoying the car. Go ahead with the deal, you will not regret it. Finally it is your choice.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I dont think Punto is expensive to maintain if you service it on time.

I own Punto 90HP since July 2011 (49000 on odo) and I spent around Rs. 21500 on maintenance including:

1st Free Service @ 5000 = Rs. 0
    2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Free Service @ 15000 = Rs. 4500
    3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Free Service @ 30000 = Rs. 7500
    4[SUP]th[/SUP] paid service @ 45000 = Rs. 9500 (Major service: Change all lubricants & coolent)

So per km service cost is Rs. 2.30 approximately which is good for a diesel vehicle.
  9. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    (4500+7500+9700)/49000 = Rs. 0.438/- per km; i.e. 44 paise per km
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My mistake. Thanks for correcting it. ::O