1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Illuminated sill plates from 99rpm - How to fit?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by PaddleShifter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

Its been months since I bought illuminated FIAT sill plates from 99rpm.com. They are lying unopened in my cupboard.

Since I have a holiday tomorrow, I thought I will spend it trying to install them myself or with the help of some expert.

Has anyone else installed them? I am unable to figure out the circuit diagram in the package that I took out.

I will click a photo of the diagram and share here soon for reference.

I DO NOT want to splice the insulation of any wire if (possible) and wont cut any wire for sure.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. vkgudi

vkgudi Timido

New Delhi
    Have it installed from an expert. Try with mechs who install Autocop security car systems. There is no reqmt of cutting any wires.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    :cool: Get the power from cabin light rest all do as they given in manual
    u can go threw Fiat puddle light threads so that you will get an idea for power source and wiring
    1 person likes this.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    sourcing the power at Cabin light is simple, with a simple multimeter do continuity check and identify the lines running for Left light and Right light and connect them to the corresponding SIL plates at left and right.
    You can look at the alternate way of doing this, for example the door sensor/switch.

Regards
    Gopi
    1 person likes this.
  5. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    @PaddleShifter, I am planning to buy it from 99rpm, can you tell me the LED color? Also, does it comes with a manual enabling its installation as DIY?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have not installed them yet. They are lying in my cupboard just as I received them. It appears that the color is "Orange" since the OEM ones come in that color. I am sorry I can not say with confidence as they are not yet installed.

It does not come with an installation manual. There is a circuit diagram explaining positive and negative connection. For OEM illuminated sill plates, there is a manual and I remember seeing the photos in one of the threads on illuminated sill plates. Its surely there. Let me search and post link here.

EDIT: Here it is in the TJET ownership report in the link below.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-t-jet/1317-my-italian-girl-tjet-plus-5.html#post114232
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Illuminated SILL plates are in my list of accessories for my T-Jet and I have already ordered that with my dealer :)

Regards
    Gopi
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you want it quick, order from 99rpm.

Rajan
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai

Rajan,

Still the car is in Transit :-(

Regards
    Gopi
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Power for the illuminated sill plates is not taken from the cabin lights. If you do, that would be a jugaad method. I got the sill plates installed at the TASS (VST Motors) for my car. If I remember correctly, the manual clearly specifies about the source of power. I was not attendive when they did the installation. But, I am sure they did the wiring somewhere near the fuse box. I will have to check my car again to know where exactly the power is sourced from.