1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Il mio fantastico “Stallion Nero” FIAT Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by nk4FIAT, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Awesome meet, I wish my dealer also organizes something like this, given that Ecodrive shows I am getting 16+ kmpl as of now :p
    And Punto 1.3Mjd with 28kmpl is mind blowing.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hey there !!!!! Thats my Exotcia Red Grande Punto :redcar in one of the pics. Absolutely thrilled to see it here. :wow Thanks a lot !!!! Glad that I was a part of this event :steering .. Had a wonderful day!!! :car
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanx Ansal11, Karandesai, vahanpujari, Fiat1100, Viny and NKiran!!!
    Hope you all liked my photosession of event. Actually my son took some photos in between rally (all FIATs at traffic signals, overtaking , guys at FIAT checkpoints but unfortunately all were blurred becoz of movement)
    Anyway whatever I have clicked with 5 Mp Nikon is not that bad.
  4. Wow ! wish FIAT extends this to all centres.

FIAT had organised a meeting in June 2009 in Chennai called Car 'n' Coffee meet at Concorde Motors, Chennai.
    Got an oppurtunity to meet fellow Fiat'ians and some top guys from Tata Motors.

Not as big as this one but that was just a get together.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: FIAT Funday!! Proud to be a FIAT owner!!!

Very nice and these small things will keep Fiat experience different from others.
    Nice pictures.

Brilliant, we TFIans are true ambassador of Fiat cars in India. ::T
  6. narayankg

narayankg

Bangalore
    Nk has written a brilliant post covering yesterday’s event. I don’t wish to repeat what has already been written and honestly, the post covers most highlights of the event. Some observations from my perspective:

I was part of event management year’s back and one of the key learning was ‘attention – to – detail’. The organisers of this event ‘Saakaar’ did a fantastic job. Not at any point did I feel – ‘ok, they’ve asked me to come and what next? What am I supposed to do? etc etc’ Saakaar had a crew of their own and were supported by the dealer staff, who were equally good.

A very high level of engagement, ensuring that the participants are seated, well spaced checks if we had coffee / food etc, very good, clear directions on rules of the contest and most important – reiterating that this is not a race on ‘who comes first’. This was a very nice safety measure and the rules explicitly mentioned that ‘arriving first at the end point will not count towards the results!’ – Well thought off ! Kudos to the team.

I had the opportunity to meet NK in person and was very glad that we did meet. As soon as the prize was announced, NK came over and introduced himself and then, we both were catching up as though the world around us was of no importance ;)

Yes, the TFIans bagged the awards in the Linea petrol category. Neither I nor my wife was expecting to win as we did not really focus on that. We thought it would be great to have such an outing and drove pretty efficiently. I clocked a 15.2kmpl which was pretty awesome.

NK sir: Thanks for the post and congratulations to you too. Saw the pictures you have posted and was smiling away. While I don’t have any pictures, I am posting a picture of the certificate. Request you to do the same. I will try and get some pics from the organisers

Linea Certificate - Fiat Funday.jpg
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    A one of its kind certificate :)
    Wished a trophy could also be associated with it :p
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanx Narayan 4 compliments. in fact what u have said is really true. once we start discussing I hardly concentrate on next prize winners.
    It is a begining. Once our count on TFI reaches 02 digit, we can definately think of TFI meet at Hyd.

Certificate from myside. I have specially put a note so that people should not get confuse what is this 2nd prize with 12.28kmpl.
    I am very much confident Linea Petrol1.4 can give much much better than this. I think it is rash driving of other on that day who facilitate me to get 2nd prize. otherwise I am dam sure if we conduct the same tour at 0600 am with no stop at signals, all 1.4Plineas will give around 20kmpl.

So here is my certificate[attachment=2:qug9dbo2]Page0001_c.jpg[/attachment:qug9dbo2]

Word finding at fun games and my son succesfully found all models [attachment=1:qug9dbo2]Page0002_c.jpg[/attachment:qug9dbo2]

FIAT Funday brochure.[attachment=0:qug9dbo2]Page0003_c.jpg[/attachment:qug9dbo2]

Page0001_c.jpg

Page0002_c.jpg

Page0003_c.jpg
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    waiting to hear the same for the Mumbai Fiatians :dance
  10. narayankg

narayankg

Bangalore
    @NK: You have a skill to delight rather than just deliver I guess ;) It was very thoughtful of you to include the poster & the word game that was included in the event.

I must admit that my driving conditions were pretty different than yours.
    1. We were just 2 of us in the car

2. My average speed was much lesser and at no point did I cross 60kmph

3. Surprisingly or due to sheer luck, most traffic signals were open when I approached them, except for the one after Concorde motors and one other. At these signals / any point where traffic was a standstill for a considerable time, I switched off the engine (Thanks to old lessons on deriving maximum efficiency :lol: ) Also, I did not experience heavy traffic except for the Begumpet, Shoppers stop junction !

4. Kinda weird that there was fuel spillage in your case too ::OO When the guy topped up my tank, even I experienced this. (About 200ml was used to wet the road :uh ) At a time when Petrol & onions cost the same, its a better option to drop an onion rather than petrol....Atleast the onion can be picked up, washed & reused ::V . Anyways...., I made a mention of the spillage to the guy taking the reading and he counted it as 2.5 instead of 2.65.

5. My waiting time at the check points was very minimal and hence did not loose too much of cool air from within the car....The AC had lesser work to do !

Had you been driving with my conditions, you would have got the first prize am sure..... ::D
    Thank you for not having similar conditions :wink: Just kidding !