1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Il mio fantastico “Stallion Nero” FIAT Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by nk4FIAT, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Gosh...., that bonnet is nuked, compaint wont do the job, you would need a complete repaint of bonnet.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Whatt The Fiat(WTF)! This is ridiculous! :hit

How about sticking TFI stickers on the scratches! :mrgreen:
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    register the complaint to the near by station, No mercy of the IDIOTS :boxer
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    your heart must have sank. i mean look at those scratches. why would anyone do it. painting the bonnet is the only option i see.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @nk4fiat

buddy just leave it as it is...do a buffing job on it...it wud lighten the visibility of the scratches...cuz if u paint again then god forbid nxt time u c the same scenario...other alternative is buy the pen the one that they advertise on tv after 12am onwards...works wonders...
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

pioneraaroon: Those pens wont work on this kind of deep scracthes, i have black car + key scratch (very small) + scratch remover pen, result - it doesnt help, the scratch has barely any impact, yes the minor ones does hide but not the something like this.,

Turtle Wax Black Box can help in hiding it to certain extent.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanx Arun, Viny, pioneeraaon, karan and tony!!! Really my heart sank. I don't like a single scratch on car. My 25 year old Padmini is also almost scratchless.
    @Tony: Nowadays Police are fully flooded with complaints about missing bikes and cars, thefts etc. Who will entertain for such funny complaints. I have also experinced when I lost my mobile. When I told about my Official identity then only they took complaint. That also I ve used to get same Postpaid SIM number . No other use.
    I am really worrying for repaint of whole bonet again. If there is slight missmatch, whole bonet will look different.
    Secondly as pioneeraaon said if the jealous guy does it again I'l loss 2-3K and mental torture again.
    I am thinking to buy com-paint Value pack (Rs 400, which include seperate colour & dessolver spray), go to neraby auto painter, give him the spray and Rs 100-200 charges and get the work done. Because we don't have that skill. If after that still it persists or shade difference then after few months I'l go for full bonet.
    @Viny : I am a layman in the maintenance.Turtle Wax black box is specific to black colour cars? How it will help.
    What do you think guys? Please suggest which is the better idea
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Your case is the same as mine ! Ditto !

I also do not like even a faint scratch on my car and some "mentally disturbed" one had scribed such deep scratches at not one place but 4-5 places ::OO on the bonnet of my Linea. I could not yet gather enough courage to use com-paint on the bonnet.

In your case, the damage seems to be in much larger area & visible. Use com-paint as you mentioned. If you're not satisfied with it, you can always get the bonnet repainted at TASC.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Do something soon, and post the picture again, we wanna see it set alright quick ::T
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

I am very sure the compaint will not work good for such a big jumbled up scratch, and probably he would need 2-3 cans to cover that much of area.
    Matching color in black is way to hard, infact for any any dark color its difficult, as with age the dark color loses some shine and color depth.
    I still feel the full paint is the only solution.

Turtle Wax Black Box, is black pigmented wax which works great in hiding the scratches by filling up black pigments. I will not remove the marks completely but for sure it will cover up very well, without having paint mismatch, as entire car will have same pigments all over :) Yes its specifically for black cars only.