1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

il mio blu oceanico Linea Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by drsidiyengar, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Fiat linea tjet - beautiful , graceful and powerful - are thoughts that came to mind when Tjet was launched.But vitamin M was not available right away and by the time vitamin M became available it disappeared without a trace thanks to rising Petrol price.
    Waited patiently and when it was officially relaunched I booked it and bought this beauty before it again disappeared.

Stats :
    Oceanic Blue Fiat Linea Tjet Emotion August 2013 manufactured with H showing 40 Kms.
    Dealership- thrust fiat
    Distance covered : approx 1600 Kms mostly intracity.No highway trips.
    Mileage( not checked by tankful method): 7-9 Km/l

What I liked:
    oceanic blue paint job is fabulous but is prone for scratches ( having a hard time maintaining it)
    comfortable rear seats even though short on space ( even better than vento )
    loved Blue and Me ( but missing aux port)
    High quality chrome lifts the car to luxury sedan level putting even jetta to shame
    high quality Fiat badges no cheap plastic stuff
    remote opening of boot ( you need to buy VX version of Honda city to get this feature)
    bright interior light especially during night and ambient lighting)
    neatly packed stepney and tool kit
    huge boot
    arm rest
    vault like build quality
    automatic light and wipers
    quality of leather is good ( but there is some hole in the leather - I want to get it repaired - any suggestion where to get it repaired in Delhi)
    Prompt response of Fiat management when I had an issue regarding buying from kashyap fiat who were courteous patiently listened to all my queries and tried their best to secure my confidence
    Thrust Fiat - had a good experience with them especially sales executive ( I am not recalling his name at this moment) - overall a pleasant experience.
    Lastly beautiful looks of linea

What I disliked( basically nit picking)
    Gearbox doesn't liked to be hurried
    short on underthigh support
    raised GC has somewhat increased body roll ( but upside is I don't worry for speed breakers and potholes)
    I want more cubbyholes not bottle holders
    It is huge so I have to think twice taking it in narrow street.
    blue and me doesn't properly stream music through usb from my nokia 925 ,it works sometime and then stops
    Spare wheel ( I expected a full sized spare wheel )

Issues faced/facing:
    steering wheel moves side to side over broken roads and sometimes feels heavy
    mirror got displaced from RHS sunshade during delivery itself
    rear sunshade doesn't go back
    floor console near dead pedal, plastic came out
    lack of proper finishing near boot area - as there was gap between the two metal and you can see light
    whenever car goes over rough road there is humming noise near steering column which disappears over normal roads( any suggestions ?)

Overall a good experience barring these issues.

20130830_081112.jpg

20130830_083144.jpg

20131125_134949.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats for your Linea. Oceanic blue indeed looks stunning. All the best and happy miles and miles of riding.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Sid!!! OB as usual is looking Royal!! When did you bought it?

Happy Tjetting!!
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hello drsidiyengar,

Heartiest congratulations on bringing home the T-jet. The colour looks too hot on the jet, bet it must turned quite a number of the heads.

Regarding the niggles, I would suggest to make a note of all and get it checked during the first free services if its not too urgent.

Happy flying and enjoy the jet ride. Drive safely.