1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ignition Coil for Palio GTX

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by puneet mehra, Apr 23, 2014.

1. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Hi Friends,

My GTX is having some niggling issue and as per my mechanic its Ignition Coil needs to be change. I have checked the same with FASS and some reliable Bosch Car service centre in Delhi and they have quoted different price for the same. While FASS quoted 5k for the OE coil Bosch quoted 4500 for the OE (BEHR made in Germany). Now here comes the pain, I am in very tight situation and my pocket is not allowing me to spend 5k for a new coil. My question is can i search for a used one in scrap market or should i go for Imported Ignition Coil. I have asked the price of Imported Igniton coil and it is near about 1500 bucks. I am totally confused right now Bhai logo, need your help.

Also let me know if I can have any Indian made Ignition Coil for my GTX as I have heard that Swiss (Auto parts manufacturer) made some electrical parts for the car but not sure about the Igniton coil.

Looking for your help.

Thanks and regards
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I have a used Ignition coil in my S10 and it works very well. If you are able to source a ignition coil from scrap marrket then go ahead and put it in your GTX.

I was in same situation like your's so I prefered used coil and in future I will a get a new ignition coil once a restoration of S10 starts.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Did you try Lucas TVS?

Lucas Indian Services Ltd - Web Store
  4. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

I have tried to seach Ignition coil for Palio on Lucas site but didnt find any one related to Palio. Would appreciates if any one could give me more information about it. Today I have also search the coil in scrap market but result is same.

Help, Help need Help
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

There is a after market coil called MOBITRON , works perfectly well. Hunt for the same if you get anywhere.