1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE NEW DELHI

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ::OO arround 280kms in 3 hrs, insane driving on highways it must be. Given that nasty traffic blockage at Bhruch Narmada Bridge.
  2. Actualy depends when you pass through the baroda-surat. And with punto you always feel in control at 120+ even if is not e-way.
    1 hr for AHD-Baroda and 2 hr for Baroda-surat. I firmly belive that you can do this in 3 hrs if you are a seasoned driver. I could do this in just 4 hrs even if i'm only a 1 year old driver and one of my first long h/w trips.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Bala, for kind wishes.
    Thanks, Viny. I will be doing the Udaipur-Surat trip for the first time and am hopeful of accomplishing the mission. :) We will surely meet at Pune on 3 Dec 2010.
    Thanks, rajeev_pillai. Enjoyed the intra-city traffic of Mumbai and Ahmedabad!
    Thanks, donzil_pinto, for kind words.

Update on the trip: we are now in Jaipur. I will post the details and pictures later.
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Ravi,

Sorry to wish you lately, Bon Voyage.

Was it not uncomfortable to drive 1000kms in a stretch, other than driving how were you occupied(music, chit chatting with your family etc) share your experience.

happy & safe driving.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, NAREN64. I didn't feel any tiredness at all. On the contrary, I enjoyed it.

Today, we visited the city palace in Jaipur. Tomorrow, we intend to visit Amber Fort and then leave for Agra. After reaching Delhi, I will have some spare time, when I intend to post some more photographs with details.
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    hi ravi i have been busy oflate so could not catch you here. best of journey ravi and do call when in delhi.

vijyant
  7. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Wow! Quite a trip indeed. :clap
    Wish you happy driving, good roads and sensible traffic. :redcar
    Looking forward to hearing about your experiences during the Factory visit.
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Great going ravi. keeps us updated on the trip and the Linea ::D
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, Vijyant. Sorry, I couldn't even call you while I was in Delhi. Anyway, we will meet at Pune on 3 Dec 2010. :)
    Thanks, Aanand, for your kind wishes.
    Thank you, soccerfan.

Here is the latest update: Now, we are at Jodhpur after successfully visiting Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Agra and Delhi. We enjoyed the maximum at Taj Mahal, Agra and 3-day stay at Dehi. I found amazing lot of infrastructure development in New Delhi between 2008 [I visited the AutoExpo at Pragati Maidan then] and the present. My Fiat Linea has been co-operating with me all along. :up I shall post the photographs and details after reaching Bangalore.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The latest update: We are now in Udaipur. Tomorrow early morning, we are leaving for Surat. We are eagerly waiting for the D-day [3 Dec 2010].