1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE NEW DELHI

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Nov 19, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I reached Oritel Serviced Apartments, Andheri [East], Mumbai safely today at 6:25 am as our mega trip started yesterday from our home, sweet home. Please see the itinerary of our mega trip.

My fabulous Fiat Linea co-operated with me fully for this journey. I did the entie driving. We broke the journey at Ranibennur at Reliance petrol pump for dinner at Kamat Upachar and got filled my Linea's tank to the brim. My Linea gave good FE. Now, I shall let the photographs speak.
    [attachment=0:1h3r44wb]TripSchedule.jpg[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=6:1h3r44wb]002.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=5:1h3r44wb]003.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=4:1h3r44wb]004.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=3:1h3r44wb]005.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=2:1h3r44wb]006.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    [attachment=1:1h3r44wb]007.JPG[/attachment:1h3r44wb]
    After breakfast, we rested at Oritel. We plan to go out after dinner to Marine Drive, GateWay of India, etc.

More to come.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

TripSchedule.jpg
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, so you are on move now. Nice to see some live travelogue.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ravi. More details to follow!
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Wow :) I guess this is a family trip and not a solo marathon :p
    Given that your avg speed shows 74, i was expecting average to show up around 15kmpl. Did you set AC to 16C?
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Viny. Yes, it's a family trip, but driving so far is solo! :)

I maintained the speed between 100 - 130 kmph, so the average speed works out to around 70 kmph. For speeds above 100 kmph, the FE drop down disproportionately. For the best FE, the speed of 70 - 80 kmph is to be maintained. ACC was set to 22 deg C.
  6. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Wow what a trip and lots of driving.
    Have a good time J Ravi.
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Ravi,
    Welcome to mumbai, Enjoy the drive (traffic).

--Rajeev
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    J Ravi: Have you done udaipur - surat strech in past? Its a long one and you would find rush between Baroda and Surat. Also given that Hotel Gigner is towards Harizra, you might have to cross entire city to reach Gigner Hotel in Piplod. Wouldnt be much of issue as its a flyover city, so mostly you will be moving over flyovers only but if you reach between 7-9 then you could see some rush in diamond market areas and textile market areas. Keep your eyes open, these markets are world largest ones. Some of those markets have over 4000 shops, with avg price of each shop 50L+ and there are over 50+ textile markets :p

Look forward to your updates and have a great trip, will meet you at Pune on 3rd Dec :)
  9. I've done this in 2 hrs recently and some people even do AHD-Surat in 3 hrs. This has improved a lot with 6 lane. I found baroda-surat better then AHD-Baroda e-way as its only 4 lane and no way in comparison with mbai-pune e-way.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice to hear about the trip Ravi ji,have a nice time,bon voyage :redcar :steering