1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICEing my PUNTO E!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by raj06, Dec 8, 2011.

1. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Hi!

I am on the way to upgrade ICE on my Punto E.

Currently I have the following setup.
    Pioneer DEH-6390SD - HU
    Rockford Fosgate 1652 Prime Coaxials in the front doors
    Rockford Fosgate 152 Prime Compos in the rear doors.

I have recently placed order for Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 Amp and Rockford Fosgate Amp Installation Kit from US a friend of mine is carrying them for me. What would be the best SUB for my current setup? I do not want to lose the boot space. So, I do not want to go beyond 10" SUB and need some suggestions on the SUB and and a proper installer in Hyderabad. Have I made the right choice of AMP? I didn't have much time to choose as he was going to start in 3 days and had to place the order ASAP. I have checked locally that this AMP costs 13K here and I got it in US with discount - cost in INR 7000.

Somehow I became RF fan! :)

I will get my hands on the Amp and the installation kit by tomorrow.

I am looking for a SUB of 10" or maybe 8"?? (Would 8" be too small?)

Please suggest me a good SUB within 5-6K range and I would need to save as much space as possible in the boot.
    So far, I feel RF P1S8-10 Punch Series is what I have an eye on and unless I audition them, can't decide. Is there any other good SUB of 10"?

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Guys pls help me on this!!
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    kicker comp tc 10
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Kicker TC10 is the best sub woofer when it comes to saving the space. Look no further.

2063tc10-o_wide-ca.jpg
    DSCF5058.jpg
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I won't comment on the performance but be aware that there space saving one's really don't stand still,they keep falling down in the boot. Please make sure you make some arrangement for that.

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  5. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    thx guys for the inputs.. yes i want to save space... but need some decent bass as well... how is this Kicker 10" ? Good enough?

And how much would this cost?
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Look at getting a Spare wheel well install done, that ways u can save complete boot space and yet have a good sub at the back

the link
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/car-entertainment/3364-swws-spare-wheel-well-sub.html

also look at audio systems MX plus line subwoofers

MX 10" Plus - 4990/-
    MX 12" Plus - 5990/-

OR

Bull audio subwoofer

BA pw12 - 5990/-

all the three require no bigger than a 0.8 cu.ft. box which is quite small but just incase u really need all the space in the boot, simply unplug the sub and keep it anywhere u like.

any of these subs would be good enough to go considering the amp is already rated quite low in power terms.
  7. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Thank you everyone for the replies. Well well, I have done the exact opposite. Got the Rockford Fosgate Punch Series P1 SUB added. Loved the thump it has! PS4-12 model. I have auditioned JBL and RF again and well, I simply loved this. I will post the pics soon!
  8. Which is the best speakers for fiat punto without going for subwoofer and amplifier. I only need to change the stock door speakers to something better than
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Go for Kenwood 6'' door speakers.

It,s 3 way. Decent output. I have done upgrdation.
    Model No. KFC-1632A. Price is also reasonable. I got for Rs.4800/- with installation charge with one year warrantee.

It has 35 watt nominal power handling capacity. As stock HU has 30x4 power output it has low distortion. Peak power handling capacity is 240 watt.
    S/n ratio is 91 db. Frequency response is 50- 20000 htz.

Low frequency reproduction capacity is good.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  10. Thanks for your reply. I have searched a lot and found these speakers from Hertz given below.

HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers &HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers
    Hertz DSK165 Comps for front & Hertz DCX165 Coax for rear.

Also please let me know which is the best Head Unit .