1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICEing my Linea (Suggestions and exeriences)?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by atul-mca, Sep 13, 2010.

1. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Hi,

I want to upgrade the stock speakers of my Linea and want to add a bass tube which i was using in my previous car (I really like the bass provided by this tube, this is compact and has amp built into it and can be easily plugged out of the car).

There are certain questions in my mind.

1) Does the blaupunkt stock HU provide the option of adding a bass tube?
    2) Which speakers are best in the range of 10-15k. (I went and checked Pioneer component speakers and liked its quality, it was quoted for 5800 per pair and with this i did not even feel the need of a bass tube), also please tell me the speakers size that fits in each door.
    3) I know the doors will need to be opened completely from inside but heard that sometimes it causes rattles. Is it true? If yes then how to avoid that as the stock speakers are not the one i can live with.
    4) I was wondering if any other blaupunkt wireless remote will work with the stock HU, which can be bought after market? This looks a big miss from fiat as there is no remote control in any of the versions. (Most of the times my car will be chauffeur driven and I need to have control of my music system in my hands).

Thanks,
    Atul Gupta
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can tell some basic things as I've not researched properly regarding ICE of Punto/Linea.

1. The stock Blaupunkt HU does not have RCA out. So, not every amp or bass tube with in-built amp can be connected directly. The most commonly done thing till now is to use a "Line-in" amp that takes input from one of the "speaker out" e.g. from rear speaker out. The main disadvantage is that the amp will keep powered on as long as the key is in mar position(on position), even if the HU is turned off. Also, you wont be able to control sub/woofer/bass tube volume/level from head unit.

2. I believe that JBL are very good quality speakers. There are many like Polk, infinity etc. I don't have much knowledge as I'm no audiophile. My plan in future is to retain stock HU. I will change front speakers will JBL Components. JBL GT5 Comps are good though some prefer JBL GTO Comps.
    Experts say that an amp is necessary to utilize comps to their full potential esp in case of Stock HU. But, the Linea stock HU with comps can deliver the same performance like that of i20 or ANHC comps. I'll be more than satisfied.

If you like Pioneer after hearing them, then you should go for it. But remember to audition them with your stock HU. After market HUs and comps in the installer's shop run them better.
    Stock Size(as per myPunto):
    Front: 6.5inch
    Rear: 5.25inch
    Should be same for Linea as well.

3. You can get the doors opened from inside. Many people have done this. Every Punto and Linea Active/Dynamic gets opened up for speakers. Just make sure they fit it back nicely. Rattles occur if they are not fitted back properly.

4. Leg Before Wicket. I'll pass that to someone knowledgeable.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was almost certain on getting the speakers of my Punto changed within the first week. But I've started to like them as now I can listen to FM as well. :mrgreen:
    The better the speakers, the harder it is to listen to FM(lack of bass and lower quality) as one is spoiled by the better quality of tracks played from CD and USB.

Regarding wireless remote, contact some genuine Blaupunkt dealer in your area. There is none in Chandigarh. I've asked at many stores to check out some cool accessories but no lead so far.
  4. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    FM quality in delhi/ncr is just like the cd (only margina difference). I also listen to fm only and almost never hear cd/usb, but prefer listening to fm in good quality voice.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Answer in bold