1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICEing my LINEA EMOTION

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by varin11, Jan 18, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    At last I have made up my mind for upgrading my speakers etc.Got fed up of the terrible sound quality with th current speakers.Visited some Audio shops and most were the opinion to include an ampli since only changing the speakers wont make any sense since the HU has very limited power, so i wouldn't get more than 25% increase in the sound quality if i change only speakers.Am not a great sound freak nd also considering finance part have almost zeroed down on
    Ampli

sony XM-GTX6042 , Rs.4600K
    hannel Configuration 4/3
    Power Supply MOSFET Power Supply
    Maximum Output Power 150W × 2 (at 2 ohms) + 300W × 1 (at 4 ohms BTL), 110W × 4 (at 4 ohms)
    Rated Output Power 70W × 4 / 1.0% (at 2 ohms), 60W × 4 / 1.0% (at 4 ohms)
    High Pass Filter / Slope 80Hz (Variable), -12dB/oct (Selectable)
    Low Pass Filter / Slope 80Hz (Variable), 18dB/oct (Selectable)
    Frequency Response 5-50kHz
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100dB

SPEAKERS

Sony XS-GTF16262 Rs.3300K
    Diameter 16cm
    Speaker System 2-Way Coaxial
    Peak Power (W) 190
    Rated Input Power (W) 40

or

JBL GT5-S265 2 Way Co Axial Speaker Rs.4400K

65 MM TWO WAY CAR AUDIO LOUDSPEAKER
    50 WATTS RMS , 200 WATTS PEAK

Dont want to go beyond Rs.9-10 k.

Kindly suggest guys if any change i can do in my current budget for better.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Varin11
    Amplifier is Ok but speaker that you have considered are of less wattage than what the Amp would provide. Change the speakers to XS-GT16412 or any other higher RMS rated speaker than can handle the power the amp provides.
    Suggestion from me is to do the upgrade in phases, first get the speakers and after sometime when you have more budget get the amplifier. You would have to increase your budget to around 14k.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I second Vijay. Go with phase wise install because of budget constraints. Fist upgrade the speakers and if you feel the quality is good enough (as u mentioned ur not much of a sound freak), you might not even have to install an amp. I would advise co for components rather than coaxials (at least for the front) with in ur decided budget.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Came across a shop selling Lighting Audio speakers. Says it is division of Rockford.6" Speakers 50W Rms cost Rs. 3000.Any views on tht. Do u guys think a compo speaker would make sizable sound difference with current HU.He told me to install 2 channel Amp and bridge to connect 4 speakers since I have no intention to install a SUB.According to him the sound quality would be good.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Varin,

I too second Vijay & Ansal about upgrading in phases. You also need to set aside some funds for door damping along with the speaker change - at least for the front doors where you should install compos. Two front doors will cost around 3k.

Instead of Sony speakers try some of the European/American brands available. There is a significant difference in sound quality. Audition them with your choice of music before deciding.

Lastly, take the advice from audio dealers with a pinch of salt. The HU packs enough power if you install proper speakers with damping. You could go through my post "Speaker change on my Emo Pk".

PS: I just saw your last post. Rockford Fosgate speakers are good. Go for compos for the front doors.

Regards

Johnny
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    thanks for the reply Johnny.great u r enjoying the music in ur car.I went through ur thread and have few questions. Since u didn't go for ampli don't u think if i install the 4 channel Sony ampli with 60 RMS per channel and Sony or JBl or soundstream speakers with 50-60 RMS the out put would be better than running best of speakers with HU power.I visited few shops and all of them suggested me to go for ampli since only the speaker change will just add 30-50% better sound.Dont want to spend the kind of money to buy components inspite spend the money on ampli and will get better quality sound.Kindly give ur views.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Varin, go for ampli only if you plan to go for components(80w +), otherwise head unit is powerfull enough to produce decent sound on some good quality speakers.
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Varin,

Viny has answered you query. Just to add to it.

My front compos are MTX Thunder 6000 series, each rated for 100 w rms. Thunder 6000 are the MTX medium range speakers (they have three ranges - Thunder 8000, Thunder 6000, and Roadthunder, with Roadthunder being the entry level range). Fortunately, MTX speakers are very efficient, and my speakers produce brilliant sound with just the HU driving them. I do believe that if I ever add an amp (very unlikely), they will sound even better.

As I mentioned earlier, be skeptical about advice from audio dealers. They are in the market to sell their stuff, and will advise customers accordingly. If you are not clear about what you need, they will make you buy stuff that you really do not need.

Regards

Johnny
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I don't want o go beyond Rs. 5K if only speakers and with ampli max Rs. 9000.already dented my wallet with all other expenses(no related to the car of course).Kindly suggest in this range. May be good coxials for all doors.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ok guys Considering and most probably will go between MTx roadthunder RTC653 (60W RMS) Rs. 2750 per pair OR T6C653 - THUNDER6000 series(65w RMS)is rs. 3500 per par. THUNDER6000 series is on the higher sideas it comes with fibre Glass Cone.I dont think any difference in the sound between the two when Hu playing tthem. Any advise guys